What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

12 Years a Slave 2013 - Good, fine performances, a little handwringing though. Worth a watch.

A Single Shot 2013 - Moody, could be better. Worth a watch.

Gravity 2013 - Surprisingly good, seen it twice. If you've got a bigger TV, excellent. Bullock is excellent.

Jack Ryan Shadow Recruit 2014 - Prequel for the Tom Cruise "Jack Ryan" starring one of those Vampire boys. But good never the less. The boy has a future in acting. Worth a watch.

Last Vegas 2013 - Very likeable, a little light weight but Worth a watch.

The Grand Budapest Hotel 2014 - One of the best crafted movies I have ever seen. Some unexpected stars in bit roles. Very very good.

The Monuments Men 2014 - Standard Hollywood fare.

The Frankenstein Theory 2013 - A bit amateurish - Worth a watch

The Hobbit An Unexpected Journey 2012 - very good

The Hobbit The Desolation of Smaug 2013 - very good

The Lord of the Rings The Fellowship of the Ring Ext 2001 - An extended version 4hrs vs 3ish - many more character and plot developments, shit hot!

The Lord of the Rings The Return of the King Ext 2003 - An extended version 4hrs vs 3ish - many more character and plot developments, shit hot!

The Lord of the Rings The Two Towers Ext 2002 - An extended version 4hrs vs 3ish - many more character and plot developments, shit hot!

Tell you what, I took MLG to see the snow on Mt Ruapehu, and the walk up from the car park to the snow nearly killed me, lack of oxygen in the air with my unfitness, took it's toll.

Death on the Nile 1978 - very good, from the days when they cast people to the part, rather than the part to the person. Peter Ustinov et al all very good.

Angel Heart 1987 - great movie, back when Mickey Rourke was an actor, & a plot that doesn't telegraph.

The Rocky Horror Picture Show 1975 - Tim Curry's best performance, a good eyeopener for those (from SEA) who haven't seen it before.