What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

The Interview isn't " our historical symbol of free speech " - it was just made out to be that because of the ban. It would have been interesting what would have happened if (insert this wee's number one enemy's country here) had made a movie about killing a US president - what would have happened.... having said that, I thought the interview was a good laugh. Nothing more, but definitely nothing less.

Was a being a bit tongue in cheek sir - I don't literally see it as a grand or not-so-grand philosophical expression of free speech.

That said, however ridiculous the circumstances, the film does now have a significance beyond its content. But even if it didn't my opinion would've been the same. Fair to middling.

One man's ceiling is another one's floor and all that. :beer:

Redirected 2014 - Entertaining romp through Lithuania, by a group of idiots who've fallen foul of Vinnie Jones and his gang. Lots of pork, violence, nudity, guns and some quite good humour. If Lithuania is anything like it's portrayed in the movie, it could be worth a road trip. 1/2 in English 1/2 in Lithuanian, my movie had no subtitles, but this may be intentional, the Lithuanian dialogue was easy to guess given the situational comedy. Proudly made by Lithuanians - Well worth a watch.

Not strictly a movie I have watched, as it hasn't been made yet, but I feel a comment coming on...

Photos show Michael Fassbender as Steve Jobs, Seth Rogen as Steve Wozniak in upcoming film

I will be interested to see if Seth Rogen can shake his "Pot Head, Dick Head" persona that he brings to all his movie roles. Or conversely, how Steve Wozniak will feel being portrayed as a "Pot Head, Dick Head".

Finally watched "the interview" last night. Thought it was kinda lame and embarrassed that this is our historical symbol of free speech. gah! Two straight hours of teenage locker room humor wears thin after awhile. And I'm in the target audience of people who normally like that kind of stuff.

Watched it last night, what a load of rubbish. A couple of moments of mirth but otherwise crap. :shakehead

Pride 2014 - Set in Thatcher's England, storytelling of true events, gay rights and the Coal miners, quite moving. Not a movie for Homophobes. Some scenes of men kissing, fortunately done in a tasteful way, so I didn't self destruct in an implosion of righteous bigotry. Well worth a watch. Recommended.