What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

Elysium 2013 - I've seen this before, forgot enough of it to enjoy the 2nd time around. Good movie, Blomkamp is the director, worth a watch.

Dumb and Dumber To 2014 - I watch the first Dumb and Dumber, I had grudging admiration for the first one, it had a certain charm. This second one should have been binned, not funny, not funny in the slightest. San Francisco Chronicle's Mick LaSalle says "This is anti-funny, where every attempt at a joke is like a little rock thrown at your face." I agree. Made me wince a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

American Sniper, based on a true story apparently ...

Came up at the end, killed by another war veteran whilst he was tying to help him :dunno: Anyone know the story behind that ...

Supermensch The Legend of Shep Gordon 2013 - very interesting biopic, well worth a watch. Shep Gordon managed and was friends with the most amazing array of stars, and turned out to be a good guy of the first water, well worth a watch.

Not a movie, rather 5 x 1 hr episodes of - Apocalypse World War 1.

Amazing original footage assembled from over 500 hrs gathered from archives around the globe. Tells the story of WWI and tells it well.

The footage has been colourised and a soundtrack added as the original footage had none, apparently the sound guy would go and fire different cannons and guns etc to get the right sound for each scene. This docco series has apparently won accolades. I reckon it should be required viewing for any modern citizen of the world. 10 out of 10.

Baron Von Rickthoffen (The Red Baron) was buried in a Cemetery in France, in the NZ section, with Maori funeral rites.

After this war, the winners created the League Nations so there would not have to be any more wars... Not that it worked or anything.

And it'll change yer view of all the f'in Royals.

Here comes another one, just like the other one, Apocalypse The Second World War. 6 x 45 min episodes.

Just like the one I posted about above, only WWII.

Required viewing for any modern citizen of the world. 10 out of 10.

Magda Goebles was Hitler's biggest fan, when Hitler went, She and Hubby suicided after poisoning their 6 young kids.

​After this war, the winners created the United Nations so there would not have to be any more wars... Laugh, I nearly shat myself.