What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

Lucky Them 2013 - a gem, Toni Collette is her usual interesting self, Thomas Haden Church plays a dick so well, you come to like him, worth a watch. Interesting cameo.

Unbroken 2014 - as noted earlier above, good movie, worth a watch

Fierce Creatures 1997 - the follow up to A Fish Called Wanda - John Cleese, Jamie Lee Curtis, Kevin Kline, Michael Palin, Ronnie Corbett et al. Funnier than it was the first time around. Worth a watch.

Inherent Vice 2014 - I really liked this, a very Hippy, 60's, slow moving, Detective Noire - Joaquin Phoenix, Josh Brolin (very good), Owen Wilson, well worth a watch.

Mortdecai 2015 - Panned by critics apparently, I liked it, if they make a sequel I'll watch it, it takes a moment to get used to Johnny Depp doing a "Dr. Bombay" from the Bewitched TV series, but I laughed several times and his manservant is beaut, well worth a watch.

Sharky's Machine 1981 - remember when Rachel Ward was the sexiest thing on the planet? Well here she is in a movie, tastes have changed I feel. Burt Reynolds - well I guess he's not the actor people reckon he is/was, pretty dismal performance, mooning about the place. Enough shoot outs and fighting to be worth a watch if you're bored and wanna see Rachel again.

Kidnapping Mr. Heineken [2015]

The inside story of the planning, execution, rousing aftermath and ultimate downfall of the kidnappers of beer tycoon Alfred "Freddy" Heineken, which resulted in the largest ransom ever paid for an individual.

Got it on torrent. Entertaining but falls a little flat.

The Dark Half 1993 - Quite a good thriller/horror, not zombies, not inane. Well worth a watch.

The Judge 2014 - reviewed here earlier I believe - potentially a very good movie - but ultimately worth a watch.

The Flowers Of War 2011 - Christian Bale in war-torn China with a bunch of orphans and ladies of the night - good - worth a watch.

Kingsman The Secret Service 2014 - previously reviewed here. My take is - enjoyable, some nice music, a little 20 something-ish, nice exploding heads, if they do a sequel I'll look. Worth a watch.