What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

All is Lost (2013) - Robert Redford at 77, on a small/medium sized yacht, finds trouble in the form of a collision and then storms. Quite well done.

If you've done any sailing in stormy weather, there are some glaring faults in the hollywood view of sailing in this, but if all your seamanship experience has been in fair weather, or you've had none, then this is a convincing movie.

I take my hat off to Redford for his performance, with very few lines, he portrays a very believable character.

I reckon well worth a watch.

Watched an interview with Matt Damon where he revealed he filmed the complete movie on his own in a separate studio from the entire rest of the cast.

That does not surprise me a bit. It is DIFFICULT, even for a good actor, to capture certain things, without assistance.

When they filmed the chest-bursting scene from "Alien", NONE of the actors knew what was about to happen in the scene.

Legend

2015 film

Suave, charming and volatile, Reggie Kray (Tom Hardy) and his unstable twin brother Ronnie start to leave their mark on the London underworld in the 1960s. Using violence to get what they want, the siblings orchestrate robberies and murders while running nightclubs and protection rackets.

Rock the Kasbah (2015) - good. I heard somewhere that Bill Murray was quite selective in the films he does and this one is quite good,

Scott Caan and Bruce willis take minor roles, Kate Hudson is there too.

Story is a Girl with a fantastic voice gets to sing on Afghani TV, 1st time for a woman.

Worth a watch.