What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

I seem to have an appreciation for the quiet humour that occasionally comes out of Britain.

Last of the Summer Wine, a TV series, for example, is one that no-one I know appreciates, but I reckon is excellent.

But then on the subject of dross, I can't handle that thing called Coronation Street, full of complaining from go to woe that is.

Lady in the Van, as you say, each to their own.

I seem to have an appreciation for the quiet humour that occasionally comes out of Britain.

Last of the Summer Wine, a TV series, for example, is one that no-one I know appreciates, but I reckon is excellent.

But then on the subject of dross, I can't handle that thing called Coronation Street, full of complaining from go to woe that is.

Lady in the Van, as you say, each to their own.

At least 95% of the movies you put up here I really like. For sure, I appreciate your efforts as I am not one to drag around

on the internet searching out movies I would like to watch, so a BIG thanks for your efforts!

I got a pile of them to watch and sitting here is small town Greece, the movies are great!!

I did Black Sails. As noted above - sincere commitment to T&A by the makers of that show. It was not bad - T&A and otherwise. Only late in episodes did I realize it's all prequel to Treasure Island - which makes it interesting somehow. You learn the same lesson with this series that you'd learn on a lost weekend in Bangkok: Whores can be clever creatures!

At least 95% of the movies you put up here I really like. For sure, I appreciate your efforts as I am not one to drag around

on the internet searching out movies I would like to watch, so a BIG thanks for your efforts!

I got a pile of them to watch and sitting here is small town Greece, the movies are great!!

Most kind of you to say so. My reason for looking at movies, apart from the abundance of time I seem to have at the moment, is that I've watched a few, that on first glance, looked like rubbish, but once I got past the movie poster and description, they were actually fine movies.

Nebraska (2013) - pleasant amble through small town America in Black and White, a good film for any who have to deal with ageing parents. Worth a watch.

Calvary (2014) - initially vague, but quite a good view of the Priest/abuse issue - set in a small Irish village near the sea. Worth a watch.

• 2 weeks later...

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (2013)

I've always avoided watching this as it's lead is Ben Stiller.

How ever, now that I've seen it, I'm pleased to say, it's a good movie as far as my taste in these things go. A little light weight, but then quite well made, worth a watch.