What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

Thunderball, starring Sean Connery as James Bond.

American Airlines had it on the video system in Business Class on my flight from Hong Kong to Dallas. First time I've ever been able to watch the whole thing, beginning to end, no commercial breaks. I never realized how much underwater footage they did for that film.

Lots of fun.

Top of the Lake, mini series.

Set your chick flick tolerance switch to "on".

Having said that, it's a six part detective mystery set in gorgeous NZ. Some very good acting, scenery and plot twists. There is a certain amount of 'finding out she's related to various people she didn't know about' and there is quite a camp of middle aged women on a retreat, but, very watchable. Normally I'd run a mile from this kind of vision, but the quality of the thing and the story, carry it past the 'chick flick' décolletage.

Jane Campion variously writes, produces and directs. Theres a Holly Hunter. Also David Denham, the original "Rake" (the Australian series, excellent, not the American version which is not so good).

Also be warned, the subject matter does stray into the uncomfortable. But makes the story all the better.

Capitalism: A love story.

Michael Moore does his usual expose style documentary on Capitalism in 'merica. Good viewing.

As one who's fallen on the non-WallStreet side of international society, I have a strong sympathy for the message of this missive. Mind you I woulda thunk different back when I had the good Executive Management position.

I can see why people support Trump now, not that I think they should, but why they do. Also I can see why people are scared of Hillary Goldman Sachs, and why Hillary Goldman Sachs, are scared of the people.

If you haven't seen this, well worth a watch, to agree with or no.

Sea Wolf - 2009 Mini Series 2 x 90 minute episodes.

The antitheses to a chick flick, Men (and Neve Campbell) in a hard, hard life, before supposed civilisation took over, beating the shit out of each other at every opportunity as is the habit of Sealers in the centuries past.

From Wiki-Woo - The Sea-Wolf is a 1904 psychological adventure novel by American novelist Jack London. The book's protagonist, Humphrey van Weyden, is a literary critic who is a survivor of an ocean collision and who comes under the dominance of Wolf Larsen, the powerful and amoral sea captain who rescues him. Its first printing of forty thousand copies was immediately sold out before publication on the strength of London's previous The Call of the Wild.

I found this very good.

Jason Bourne 2016 - I enjoyed this, on the face of it, a usual Bourne movie, with a satisfying bunch of fights, car chases et al and a good ending, then it goes on and has another good ending. I'm almost gonna watch it again, maybe in a couple weeks.

Bad Boy Bubby (1993) - Australian.

Bubby has spent thirty years trapped in the same small room, tricked by his mother. One day, he manages to escape, and, deranged and naive in equal measures, his adventure into modern life begins. (IMDB)

Somewhat acclaimed. The first 30 mins are a little bit of a trial, then the film opens up and becomes quite good. Worth a watch.

Hunt for the Wilderpeople (2016) - I'm biased, it's a Kiwi movie, based on a classic Kiwi Story by a famous Kiwi Author, set in Kiwi land.... etc etc

A national manhunt is ordered for a rebellious kid and his foster uncle who go missing in the wild New Zealand bush. (IMDB)

Taika Waititi makes very good movies. If you watch this, you may get an appreciation for the deprecated Kiwi sense of humour.

Very good watch.

Some awards http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4698684/awards?ref_=tt_awd