What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

TV series Westworld (2016) - panned by some critics - 9.2 in IMDB - I like it very a lot :) I'm up to episode 4, Anthony Hopkins, Ed Harris, Thandie Newton, some tits and arse, gore, though not excessive - Recommended.

A series inspired by the 1973 film of the same title written by Michael Crichton about a futuristic theme park populated by artificial beings. (IMDB)

• Like 1

Anthropoid (2016) - Based on the extraordinary true story of Operation Anthropoid, the WWII mission to assassinate SS General Reinhard Heydrich, the main architect behind the Final Solution and the Reich's third in command after Hitler and Himmler. (IMDB)

I like this, whilst there's a lot of shooting, it's sans - special hollywood cartridge cases in slo-mo glinting in the morning sun whilst blood spurts in an endless cascade over entire buildings - it's much more understated and I assume, realistic.

Made like movies used to be made, with acting and craft, no unbelievable stunts.

Well worth a watch.

• Like 1

The Infiltrator (2016) - A U.S. Customs official uncovers a money laundering scheme involving Colombian drug lord Pablo Escobar. (IMDB)

Apparently a true tale.

Bryan Cranston, is an actor I wouldn't normally consider a great choice as a leading man, but he does a very good job in this movie, excellent in fact.

John Leguizamo, we've seen in a number of movies, is also very good.

Worth a watch.

• Like 1

Star Trek Beyond (2016) - Good movie, though with the exception of the terrier like aliens in the opening sequence, all the aliens look like people, you know, bipedal, the females have two breasts in the right places, two eyes, mouths that speak english, but the rubber masks are excellent.

As I said, good movie, but the aliens are just Americans with rubber masks on, you can't fool me.

Skiptrace (2016) - Jackie Chan, Johnny Knoxville et al.

Musta been Chinese money backing this one as there's some quite nice Chinese Scenery and Festivals featured in this film.

Typical Jackie Chan buddy movie, Johnny Knoxville can act apparently, does a reasonable job. Pretty female characters, quite a good joke near the end, look for the monobrow :)

Worth a watch.

Mindhunters (2004) - Trainees in the FBI's psychological profiling program must put their training into practice when they discover a killer in their midst (IMDB).

Good potential, good actors, but I found this to be drivel.

Hi,

"all the aliens look like people, you know, bipedal, the females have two breasts in the right places, two eyes, mouths that speak english, but the rubber masks are excellent."

This has been the same for all of Star Trek. And yes, that is disappointing, especially with the advances in CGI.

Sanuk!