What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

The Girl on the Train (2016) - good IMDB rating, murder mystery, what's not to like? Several women all with problems, crying to camera, headcases the lot of them - Chick flick meter explodes. Well made, but avoid, I lasted 22 minutes and skimmed the rest to see more moaning, mixed in with the murder mystery.

The Ghost and Mr. Chicken (1966). I've always liked this movie. You'll see several of the actors from the Andy Griffith Show making appearances. Attaboy Luther. :D

Luther Heggs aspires to being a reporter for his small town newspaper, the Rachel Courier Express. He gets his big break when the editor asks him to spend the night at the Simmons mansion.

Just saw the latest Star Wars, Rogue One. More of the same retread as the last one, which is more than fine with me. Not much reference to the old ones - at least not relevant to the last one - and minimal humor this time. Minimal character development, really. Just the same old type of folks doing the same missions.

Not a movie, Maigret is a British television series from ITV, its first episode aired on 28 March 2016. It is an adaptation of the books by Georges Simenon featuring his fictional French detective Jules Maigret played by Rowan Atkinson. (Wiki something)

Very good - whilst I expected Mr Bean, Rowan does a great job acting straight, very good.

My only concern is that the opening episode, set in Paris, has everyone speaking in quite obvious english dialectic accents, but once you ignore that, it's excellent.

Beautifully shot.

Rowan-Atkinson-as-Detective-Maigret.jpg