What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

Fifty Shades Darker (2017) - again MLG want to see this one, as far as I can see it's just a slightly more risqué version of Fisty Fifty Shades of Grey. A chick flick but with a lot more sex than is usual in these things.

And, on reflection, the female lead, whose chick flick this is, is not really cut out to be a sub.

The Man in the High Castle - TV series l and ll. Amazon.

This is very good.

A glimpse into an alternate history of North America. What life after WWII may have been like if the Nazis had won the war. (imdb)

The Nazis have the East of the USA and the Japanese have the West. Ostensibly allies. Based on a novel by Philip K Dick. Amongst the numerous Executive Producers, Ridley Scott.

Beautifully shot, attention to detail is exacting, I was gripped by this from beginning to end. Whilst the lead protagonists, are obviously aimed at the millennials, two actors did a really great job in this series.

Rufus Sewell as Obergruppenführer John Smith - brilliant

Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa as Nobusuke Tagomi - brilliant

and

DJ Qualls as Ed McCarthy - good, notable for looking like Pinocchio after having told his first lie.

Joel de la Fuente as Inspector Kido - also very good.

And without giving a spoiler, the end of the 1st series sets up the 2nd, beautifully.

SS-GB Another 'what happens if the Nazis had won the war" TV series. 4 episodes into this so far,

Sam Riley, James Cosmo, Rainer Bock, Kate Bosworth, Lars Eidinger, Maeve Dermody

Started out as a good BBC quality period drama, but with a noticeably smaller budget than 'The Man in the High Castle' I earlier posted about.

Sam Riley does good duty as the brooding lead, Maeve Dermody, is good too. It all started to get a bit, same-old same-old, halfway through the first episode.

Then Lars Eidinger, who plays Dr. Oskar Huth, appears on the scene. Magnificent! This is one brilliant evil Nazi. I was impressed. So much so that I kept watching and eagerly await the 5th episode

Kate Bosworth is beautiful.

Vampyres 2015

Faithful to the sexy, twisted 1974 cult classic by Joseph Larraz, Vampyres is an English-language remake pulsating with raw eroticism, wicked sado-masochism and bloody, creative gore. ... IMDB

Sex, Blood, Nudity, Gore, what's not to love?