What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

A Kind of Murder (2016)

A psychological noir thriller set in 1960's New York based on Patricia Highsmith's novel, 'The Blunderer'.

Walter Stackhouse is rich, successful and unhappily married to the beautiful but damaged Clara. His desire to be free of her feeds his obsession with Kimmel, a man suspected of brutally murdering his own wife. But when Clara is found dead in suspicious circumstances, Walter's string of lies and his own guilty thoughts seem enough to condemn him. As his life becomes dangerously entwined with Kimmel's, a ruthless cop is increasingly convinced he has found a copycat killer in Walter and aims to nail both murderers. IMDB

Quite good - worth a watch

Call of the Wolf (2017)

Well made, nicely shot. I'm showing my age, when I say the lead does the entitled millennial bit, a bit much., but these are the days we live in.

So this whinger gets translocated into a cabin in the wilderness in the snow and winter. He has what he needs to have a comfortable stay, but can't make fire, or melt snow etc.

Then a sexy Mexican girl drops into the story, needless to say, he doesn't consider this an opportunity to keep warm. Mind you he could be gay, or maybe he was just acting out for his father when a teen. And even though she's got no change of clothes and it's as cold as hell, we still get to see her, from the back, putting her shirt on so we know she wears a bra.

There's a Wild man named Wolf who communicates via a small radio and takes pot shots every now and then.

We never find out why this is all happening other than the Wolf wants the boy to become a man. This guy Wolf, where the hell did he come from? not your normal hobby, taking rich kids and tormenting them.

So he eventually escapes killing the Wolf and the girl dies too. The movie wants us to think he's become a man. Lucky is what I think.

Worth a watch.

IMDB's plot summary below

R.D. Womack II's patiently paced thriller has been hailed, "as thrilling as it is beautiful" - Brian Corsetti, HollyScoop. Follow Lester; a privileged underachiever who awakes to find himself kidnapped and stranded in a snowbound cabin. Along with Viviana, another captive, the two must survive the brutal onslaught of winter and outsmart their kidnapper; a sniper calling himself "Wolf". With a blizzard bearing down on them the pair embarks on a deadly game of survival. Will the pair find a way through the winter storm to freedom, or will the mountain become their icy grave? IMDB

The Vessel (2016)

A school of kids is wiped out in a tidal wave (prior to the movie) the small village is in a state of constant grief. There's a Priest. Things slowly get better towards the end of the movie.

Given the recent revelations about the hundreds of babies found in a septic tank, in an Irish Nunnery http://bit.ly/2nnUM4j and following other intransigencies laid at the door of the Catholic Church, this movie is, at least, an interesting attempt to give some positivity to the whole religion process.

Lucas Quintana, Martin Sheen, Jacqueline Duprey

Well acted, well made, but for me, just another example of the religious folk stampeding to disasters and inserting themselves, into the process that people go through, when faced with calamity.

In my view, the religion doesn't help and probably hinders the grieving process and subsequent recovery of the community.

Man Down

Shia LaBeouf - talented boy this. In what could just be another, "I've been to war now I'm back in America" movie, this one stands out for two reasons. The very believable performance of Shia as a Marine. And a good plot device that speaks to the mental problems some Veterans have.

Worth a watch, it comes together nicely at the end.