What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

Altered Carbon, TV series, I've seen the first two episodes, almost 'BladeRunner the TV series', certainly the production gives a lot of nods to BladeRunner, but the story is quite different. It has been criticised as being a bit strongly aimed, at the young male audience, I for one am grateful for the Nudity.

Well worth a watch.

yes, same reaction here, worth a watch

Tour of Duty

The trials of a U.S. Army platoon serving in the field during the Vietnam War. 1987 - 1990

Never know of this USA TV series in the late 1980s.

Seasons 1 and 2, interesting.

Season 3, they covered several of the "scandals" of the war and when some of the soldiers came home.

*** 1/2

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092468/

Downsizing (2017)

Bit of a wishy washy, twee sort of odd light comedy, very light. Essentially unoffensive and redeemed by the totally delicious Miss Hong Chau, even if she is acting the part of a cleaner/maid.

Will live long in memories if only for the "8 kind of fuck"

• Like 1

The Death Of Stalin[2017]

Funny satirical comedy of the Soviet power struggle following the death of the dictator done in an amusing combination of American and British accents.

Yes very funny this, Michael Palin as Molotov is a tell. This is like Monty Python for grown ups, satire for the clever, bloody good, especially the portrayal of Stalin's children.

I think the "amusing combination of American and British accents" is intentional, to illustrate the respective characters' relative backgrounds, i.e. Stalin as someone less educated, Molotov as an intelligent schemer, etc

I rate this movie highly, well worth a watch.

• Like 1

Annihilation (2018) - A biologist signs up for a dangerous, secret expedition where the laws of nature don't apply IMDB

An interesting premise, much has been made of the predominantly female leading cast. Natalie Portman, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Tessa Thompson and some other people.

The biological effects are poorly done IMHO, the parts where one plant is growing a multitude of completely different flowers could have been done by a 5 year old. Other scenes where the trees have coloured bits growing out of them, the bits are all placed between "easy" knee and eye height, lazy f*cks.

Worth a watch, if only to see Natalie Portman without the 'beautifying' makeup.

The heart rending bits are aimed at middle school.

My Feral Heart [2016]

Wonderful award winning independent UK film that never gets over sentimental of a downs syndrome man who comes to terms with his new life at a care home with a secret feral girl he finds. Never been able to find a torrent of this for some reason but Sky Premier is showing it of late.