What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

Tulip Fever [2017]

Lightweight 16th century comedy drama, makes easy viewing, set in the time of tulip mania and an old aristocrats young wife who finds a solution to her problems of infidelity with her husbands artist and her blackmailing pregnant maid.

Revenge (2017) - IMDB - Never take your mistress on an annual guys' getaway, especially one devoted to hunting - a violent lesson for three wealthy married men.

I liked this, but you'll have to believe that a petite hottie, can do all the war soldier stuff this one can, after being impaled on a tree. But, pull the, 'suspension of disbelief' lever and enjoy the blood and gore.

Worth a watch.

• Like 1

The Shape Of Water [2017]

An aquatic R rated equivalent of Beauty And The Beast is interesting for its unusual theme and performances but overall is more style than any substance. Available in Dvd screener format.

Watched this - The Shape of Water (2017) - as Palatkik says, style, everything is a subdued Teal colour. Not a bad movie, but neither is it a stand out. Wet. Worth a watch.

Samson (2018) - the Biblical tale, with Delilah and everything, a lot of smoting going on, verily with the Jawbone of an Ass, no less. Quite a placid watch, not at all proselytizing in theme, just a good 'ol story of circa 3,000 years ago. Good if you don't know the story. Not bad if you do.

Revenge (2017) - IMDB - Never take your mistress on an annual guys' getaway, especially one devoted to hunting - a violent lesson for three wealthy married men.

I liked this, but you'll have to believe that a petite hottie, can do all the war soldier stuff this one can, after being impaled on a tree. But, pull the, 'suspension of disbelief' lever and enjoy the blood and gore.

Worth a watch.

There is an older movie called Revenge also. It stars Anthony Quinn and Kevin Costner. I enjoyed it.

All The Money In The World [2017]

Paul Getty kidnapping caper, of interest for fully deleting the lead role of Kevin Spacey with Christopher Plummer following the former's sex impropriety allegations. A drawn out movie with rigid acting other than that of Plummers who betters the rest by far and only stepped in at the last minute.

saw this last evening - not bad, worth a watch

Fahrenheit 451 (2018) - If you don't know the story, this is a good version of it.

an updating of the Ray Bradbury tale - actually quite good I reckon, in that it's been modernised to show social media and a dumbed down version at that.

Fairly Hollywood, but worth a watch. Michael Shannon, does a lot of bad guys, and is good as a bad guy in this.

It is tempting to draw a parallel between this movie and the present USA, but I'll leave it for the viewer to think about.