What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

Tsukiji Wonderland (2016)

In Tokyo, Japan, the Tsukiji Fish Market is a massive complex where a wide variety of fish products are brokered. The Market employs over 12,000 workers, and about 30,000 customers conduct business there daily. The Market provides fish for Japanese restaurants and consumers, but also sends exotic product throughout the world. The documentary focuses upon the Japanese wholesalers who become fish experts, and devote their life to finding the best, most-desirable fish for their finicky customers.

This is the most impressive fish market in the world. When I was living/working in Japan, I made several trips there and every was a great experience.

I was able to buy tuna cheeks, as big as a rib eye steak! tender, tasty, fantastic!!!

The copy I have is mostly in Japanese so you might want to look around and find one in English or with subtitles.

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom [2018]

Ultimate popcorn escapist fluff, being milked by Speilberg year in year out. Does what is says on the poster. Expect more to come.

Wot you said, but the hybrid killer one, I thought was well rendered, some of the others look like they were using older modelling.

Extinction (2018) - IMDB :: A father has a recurring dream of losing his family. His nightmare turns into reality when the planet is invaded by a force bent on destruction. Fighting for their lives, he comes to realize an unknown strength to keep them safe from harm.

Don't be misled by the 1st 3rd's, B grade movie feel, it feels like so many other scifi invasion movies, then there's a twist, or IMHO, two twists, that rehabilitate the movie. Well worth a watch.

• Like 1

Hatari! (1962) - made when I was 3, this is a surprisingly accessible John Wayne film, a RomCom before the term was invented.

IMDB - A group of men trap wild animals in Africa and sell them to zoos before the arrival of a female wildlife photographer threatens to change their ways.

John Wayne, Hardy Krüger, Elsa Martinelli, Red Buttons, Gérard Blain, Bruce Cabot, Michèle Girardon, Valentin de Vargas, Luis Francisco, Eduard Franz.

Well worth a watch

Elsa Martinelli, !!!

c4d226b0525a090606cdb723a85711ce.jpg

• Like 2

Overboard (2018) - IMDB - A spoiled, wealthy yacht owner is thrown overboard and becomes the target of revenge from his mistreated employee.

Made me laugh, Eugenio Derbez, Anna Faris, Eva Longoria.

Eugenio Derbez, is a stand out, worth a watch.

Death Wish (2018)

Bruce Willis does Charles Bronson.

Actually not bad and far far better than some of the garbage Willis has been hooked to of late. It’s fairly predictable of course and nothing outstanding but there don’t appear to be any woodentop actors in the thing for the most part. Willis does his usual though this time starting as the up market white collar successful doctor rather than his usual blue collar downbeat fuck up. Still nails bad guys and in a less than John Wick like fashion mostly.

Wonder if they will go on to do the others.

• 2 weeks later...