What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

Bad Samaritan (2018)

IMDB - A pair of burglars stumble upon a woman being held captive in a home they intended to rob.

Quite a good movie, the cast do a pretty good job and  David Tennant is very good as the Psycho...

Worth a watch.

That academy award nominated film (I think it was, couldn't find it though) Cowboys and Aliens.  Wonder what pictures the studio execs had on Daniel Craig and Harrison ford to get them in this flick.

Despite that, god help me, I found it amusing.

On Chesil Beach [2018]

Based on an award winning book, a look back at a 60's English repressed couples awkward sexual encounter on their honeymoon that left them wondering what might have been. Average at best with a contrived old age makeup ending that always seems daft. Some nice shots of the beach.

Tag 2018 - a quit funny lark of a bunch of guys who have been playing tag every May since they were 9, now adults and purportedly responsible ones, they're still at it.

Apparently a true story, se the footage intermingles with the credits. Good this, well worth a watch.

Upgrade 2018 - bloke gets a chip in his spine becomes upgraded, not as stupid as it sounds, a little dark and quite good, worth a watch.

The Disaster Artist [2017]

Films about film makers can come across as self indulgent for some, but this is a funny and poignant tragicomedy based on the true story of the making of the 2003 US flick 'The Room' that gained cult status as one of the worst movies ever made. Worth seeing. 

1. Black KKKlansman [2018]

Based on a true story of a Black cop who pretended to be a klansman on the phone so a white co worker coiuld infiltrate the local KKK. I was in Bahrain and it was the only movie I kinda sorta recognized. Spike Lee film which raised an eyebrow...lol. I saw in Bahrain while killing time at a mall because it was the only movie I kinda, sorta recognized.

It was done as a Comedy - Drama and it worked for the most part. David Duke (an actor portraying) appears in the film. Spike Lee connects the future plans of the KKK back then to what is happening now with footage from Charlottesville. You can decide for yourself if its relevant. Thumbs up for me. 

My sister had a Klan family living next door to her for a couple of years in Huntsville, AL. Creepy people who didn't seem to have any friends locally and the husband was supposed to be a high level officer of some sort. Periodically, they would pack the kids in the car and disappear for a week or two. My sister was quite happy when they moved.

A Tennessee gal told me about driving on the highway one day when they encountered a Klan roadblock. The KKK was collecting "donations". Everyone gave because they were afraid not to. The real Klan is long dead, but there are numerous wannabe groups that use the name, and white folks don't like them either.  :surprised:

The Fifth Estate (2013)

A dramatic thriller based on real events that reveals the quest to expose the deceptions and corruptions of power that turned an Internet upstart into the 21st century's most fiercely debated organization

I fell asleep during these movie. Slow going but I do have jet lag 555