What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

If I Leave Here Tomorrow: A Film About Lynyrd Skynyrd (2018)

This authorized documentary will explore the music and backstory of the legendary American band. With the songs from the first six Skynyrd albums driving the narration, the film focuses on the story of frontman Ronnie Van Zant - his upbringing, his roots, his work ethic and his contradictory persona as both as a mythic Southern rock poet and notorious boozed-up brawler, as well as the relationships between his friends and fellow founding members Gary Rossington and Allen Collins, along with later bandmates Ed King and Artimus Pyle.

Excellent!!!

**** 1/2

Eric Clapton: Life in 12 Bars (2017)

A look at the life and work of guitarist Eric Clapton, told by those who have known him best, including BB King, Jimi Hendrix, and George Harrison.

Stars: Eric Clapton, Duane Allman, Ginger Baker....

WOW...I has read the book about Eric but this doco took it to another level! Very informative and quite moving.
If you grew up in this era or are a fan of his music, this is a must see!

**** 1/2

• Thanks 1

Cav,

not seen the movie but will give it a look see but read the IMDB link.

Again straight to John Mayells Bluse Breakers and no mention of the Yardbirds where he was only the third best guitarist 

They had Jeff Beck on Lead and Jimmy Page was reduced to Bass.

i bet it doesn’t mention the gig Cream we’re playing at the Royal Albert Hall when Chas Chandler ex Animals had a young guitar protege over from the US trying to make a name for himself in the UK,  Johnny Allen who later called himself Jimi. Hendrix blew Clapton off stage, so bad Clapton went back the the dressing room and was in tears vowing never to play again 

• Thanks 1