What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

The House That Jack Built (2018)  Matt Dillon, Bruno Ganz, Uma Thurman

The story follows Jack, a highly intelligent serial killer, over the course of twelve years, and depicts the murders that really develop his inner madman.

director Lars von Trier

I'd say very good, but I think that 4 stars from 5 is appropriate, Lars von Trier can be an acquired taste. Well worth a watch.

It's that time of the year...had to do it....555

Bad Santa 2 (2016)

Cast: Billy Bob Thornton , Tony Cox , Kathy Bates

Fueled by cheap whiskey, greed and hatred, Willie teams up once again with his angry little sidekick, Marcus, to knock off a Chicago charity on Christmas Eve.

An OK movie for taking up where the #1 left off. All the characters did a great job! Willy's mother (Kaythy Bates), what a piece of work, even Thurman Murman joined the festivities.

A Leaf of Faith (2018)

This documentary explores Kratom, a botanical supplement that has been proposed as an alternative to today's opioid painkillers.

Excellent and very informative. I am aware of kratom here in Thailand but it is outlawed. As far as I know, it would be the same as a cup of coffee as to addiction or stimulation.
I didn't know of the relief of pain that kratom assists with. As I age and the parts continue to break and wear out I may have to further investigate.

**** 1/2

Fahrenheit 11/9 (2018)

Filmmaker examines the current state of American politics, particularly the presidency and gun violence, while highlighting the power of grassroots democratic movements.

More then just a hit piece on President Trump but an expose of Obama and the system. This doco jumps around quite a bit and about 1/2 of it is nonsense, IMO.

Wrong Is Right (1982)

A satire of American news reporting, Covert Agencies, and political system. The theft of two suitcase sized nuclear weapons, and their sale to a terrorist group, leads television newsman Patrick Hale on an international chase to track them down, and uncover the twisting maze of apparent involvement of U.S. Government agencies.

Stars:Sean Connery, George Grizzard, Robert Conrad

Very prophetic movie for being made in 1982! Well worth a watch!!