What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

I went back a little to see if anyone posted this but saw "Bird Box" on Netflix. I am a big scaredy cat. Everyone was talking about so I bit and saw it. Not bad, although I thought the premise was a bit convoluted as well as the relationships. Based on a book in which the ending was a little darker. No spoilers though, I will let you all determine its quality. 

The friend who told me about it, recommended a similar film called "A Quiet Place" which I actually liked a little better. I can tell you unequivocably were I in some post apocolyptic world, and my very existence was going to be just surviving, with no quality of life, I would end it all. I'm not living my days just to survive. I'd find some of the best drugs available, hopefully some opiods and go blissfully into the darkness. The rest of you can carry on mankind's existence. CS isn't cut out for re-establishing mankind. :)

But I digress. Bird Box basic premise is some sort of monster, thingy that if you open your eyes to the outside, you will see something so dark from your deepest fear, recesses of your mind that you will kill yourself. I think that's what you see, so for me its seeing Arsenal get relegated on the last kick of the game by Tottenham or the realization the head from the cutest chick I ever saw at that BJ bar years ago turned out to be a guy. haha. So people have to live with the windows closed and have to wear blindfolds if they go out. While ignoring whisperings from people in your memory you trust to take off the blindfolds as well as some people who have not killed themselves but whose minds have been changed to force those who have not opened to the light to do so. Which doesn't make sense to some extent but any how. 

The movie is on some of the streaming sites if you don't have Netflix. 

On 12/20/2018 at 9:01 PM, cavanami said:

Fahrenheit 11/9 (2018)

Filmmaker examines the current state of American politics, particularly the presidency and gun violence, while highlighting the power of grassroots democratic movements.

More then just a hit piece on President Trump but an expose of Obama and the system. This doco jumps around quite a bit and about 1/2 of it is nonsense, IMO.

Wot you said...  comments here