What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

Joker (2019)

Joaquin Phoenix deserves Oscars or similar for this performance, I wish I had 1% of this man's talent.

Without spoiling any of the movie, I will say, that I wouldn't be surprised, if there are multiple persons in authority, across the USA, trying to ensure that this movie, does not get too much of a following.

Best movie I have seen for a long time.

Official Secrets (2019)

The true story of a British whistleblower who leaked information to the press about an illegal NSA spy operation designed to push the UN Security Council into sanctioning the 2003 invasion of Iraq.

Keira Knightley, Matthew Goode, Matt Smith, Ralph Fiennes, Rhys Ifans, Tamsin Greig.

Keira no longer looks like a High Class Heroin Hooker, she's put on a bit of weight at age 34 and it suits her. Her performance as the lead is very good.

This telling of the true story, has quite a lot of intersections, with real life events, in the modern international reality, of politicians ruining it for the rest of us.

• 2 weeks later...

Bohemian Rhapsody

The film/movie grossed $216.4 million in the United States and Canada, and $687.3 million in other territories, for a total worldwide gross of $903.7 million, against a production budget of about $52 million.

47 minutes ago, unit731 said:

Bohemian Rhapsody

The film/movie grossed $216.4 million in the United States and Canada, and $687.3 million in other territories, for a total worldwide gross of $903.7 million, against a production budget of about $52 million.

Excellent movie! 

• Like 1

On 11/24/2019 at 7:45 PM, Coss said:

Primal (2019)

Nicholas Cage, started well enough, Famke Janssen, wasn't she beautiful once?     Movie is meh...  far too much shooting for the plot premise. If it's a rainy day and there's nothing else in the movie box. 2 from 5 stars.

Not exactly classically beautiful maybe - but she was sexy-hot in that Run Lola Run film ... had the glow of youth then, even though she was already 23-24...

Succession, first season

About half-way through - it's gotten enough attention that I imagine there must be something to it, though I'm yet to be fully persuaded at this point.  Would probably do better to watch one of the King Lear adaptations, as neither the comedy nor the drama part of this show have emerged as of yet.

YimSiam