What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

The French Dispatch [2021]

An ode to journalists set in an outpost of an American newspaper in a fictional twentieth century French city that brings to life a collection of three stories published in "The French Dispatch Magazine". A trademark Wes Anderson film, quirky, original, a visual feast worth seeing.

• Like 1

Not a Movie - TV series:

Dexter

Serial Killer, hiding in plain sight. 8 seasons with 12 episodes -ish each. A hefty bInge watch.

I'm showing my age, when I say, too much (well maybe not too much, a lot of) sex and not enough killing.

Actually, quite good, I wont spoil anything, except to say, I've started the follow up series - Dexter: New Blood - and it looks promising.

Landscapers [2021 TV Limited Series]

A devoted and mild-mannered British couple become the focus of an extraordinary investigation when two dead bodies are discovered in the back garden of a house in England. Based on a true and bizarre event, the story is directed skillfully in an original black and theatrical comedic style using two top actors making for an intriguing series.

• Like 1

C'mon C'mon [2021]

When his sister asks him to look after her young son, a radio journalist embarks on a cross-country trip with his energetic nephew to show him life away from Los Angeles. A remarkably likeable drama with plenty of talking and listening going on, shot in black and white with extraordinary performances. Well worth seeing when the mood suits.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Palatkik said:

Landscapers [2021 TV Limited Series]

A devoted and mild-mannered British couple become the focus of an extraordinary investigation when two dead bodies are discovered in the back garden of a house in England. Based on a true and bizarre event, the story is directed skillfully in an original black and theatrical comedic style using two top actors making for an intriguing series.

I am sure I have seen this story on “Real Crimes” or similar, I seem to know the story.

Belfast [2021]

A young boy and his working-class Belfast family experience the tumultuous late 1960s. A mostly feel good indulgent homage to the directors own life growing up in the troubles as seen by a young kid, that makes for an entertaining drama with the entire musical score done by Van Morrison.

• Like 1

The Last Duel 2021

Matt Damon... Adam Driver...Jodie Comer... Harriet Walter... Ben Affleck... 

Quite a good 'un at nearly 3 hours.  No spoilers except to say that, Ben Affleck plays his character well, unlikeable. But then I don't like him as an actor anyway, I guess this role suits him.

Well worth the time  -

Stars4.png.ba36d3575b7db3bdee5c7adb53ef1fcc.png