What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

6 hours ago, Coss said:

Lest someone copy my whole post, (made in the USA thread)  and post it elsewhere, I link to the  post here (click) and suggest that conversation on this matter be conducted in the USA thread.:

So I am not allowed to make a sarcastic reply to a post lest it is construed as “American” 

What next unable to post about Marin Scorsese or Tom Hanks in this thread because they are “American”, unable to talk about Manchester United, Liverpool or Chelsea in the Football thread because the owners are “American” 

The list is endless, where does one draw the line, there is no board rule that states that “All things American have to be discussed in USA thread” but board etiquette dictates such.

If I had gone off about Roe v Wade, then sure the post should have been moved, but it was an off the cuff current comment that came into my head when reading the post I replied to. if I had posted the same thing in the USA thread it would not have made sense, since no one would know what the comment was referring to.

Jeez lighten up, people come her for light hearted fun

Why is dean’s Thai 60 day tourist visa post allowed to stay in Visa’s / Legal section since it is about problems with Thai Consulate in the USA.

By your metrics this makes it an American Centric Posting which belongs in the USA Thread.

You see how pathetic your arbitrary what is and what isn’t considered “USA Thread” material really is.

16 hours ago, Mekong said:

So I am not allowed to make a sarcastic reply to a post lest it is construed as “American” 

What next unable to post about Marin Scorsese or Tom Hanks in this thread because they are “American”, unable to talk about Manchester United, Liverpool or Chelsea in the Football thread because the owners are “American” 

The list is endless, where does one draw the line, there is no board rule that states that “All things American have to be discussed in USA thread” but board etiquette dictates such.

If I had gone off about Roe v Wade, then sure the post should have been moved, but it was an off the cuff current comment that came into my head when reading the post I replied to. if I had posted the same thing in the USA thread it would not have made sense, since no one would know what the comment was referring to.

Jeez lighten up, people come her for light hearted fun

Ahh no, I'll be more clear.

I wanted to reply to your comments : "Could be about USA 2022! "   In this thread.

But as my reply, referred Clarence Thomas and the USA, I made the reply in the USA thread. And linked to it

This is because: A post I made in a new thread  entitled  "The Internet and the Democratisation of Knowledge"      LINK

...was copied in it's entirety, with no quote marks, or reference to the original post,  to the USA thread, even though it was not about the USA, and this was done with the admonishment "Keep it in the USA thread will ya?" appended.    nuther LINK

I was talking about dolts, filming themselves on the internet and my post was copied to the USA thread, meanwhile it attracted a reply in the USA thread.

I didn't want the same fate to befall my "Clarence Thomas" post made in answer to yours "Could be about USA 2022! " in the Movies thread,  so I made the appropriate references and links to provide guidance for the discussion thereof.

_______

"What next unable to post about Marin Scorsese or Tom Hanks in this thread because they are “American”, unable to talk about Manchester United, Liverpool or Chelsea in the Football thread because the owners are “American” "

please direct you question to the author of this post    nuther LINK

______

"Jeez lighten up, people come her for light hearted fun"

me too.

16 hours ago, Mekong said:

Why is dean’s Thai 60 day tourist visa post allowed to stay in Visa’s / Legal section since it is about problems with Thai Consulate in the USA.

By your metrics this makes it an American Centric Posting which belongs in the USA Thread.

You see how pathetic your arbitrary what is and what isn’t considered “USA Thread” material really is.

please direct your question to the author of this post    nuther LINK

Wherein all but the last eight words, are a direct copy of my original post with no quotation marks or link,  entitled  "The Internet and the Democratisation of Knowledge"     LINK

You will find that I agree with you and  like you, I think I should be able to reference the USA in another topic, without having the, comprehension free, feel that they have to purloin posts and re post them elsewhere.

My Buddha Is Punk [2015]

A Burmese group leader, obsessively pursues the dream of seeing the punk scene take off in Myanmar (in 2015!), while raising awareness about persistent violations of human rights. A symbiosis of Buddhism and punk that rejects religious and political dogma. An interesting German backed documentary with close up insight into Burmese life filmed before the recent turmoil that emphasizes the point albeit with little direction or conclusion. Recently available on some torrent sites.

The Old Man    TV Series  2022

4 episodes in and this is looking great.

A former CIA officer, who's living off the grid, finds himself on the run from people who want to kill him.

Jeff Bridges and John Lithgow shine, very good, in their opposing roles.

Well worth the watch

Stars5.png.49e269dccaf46cb884124f73e7140e0f.png

• Like 1

Nitram [2021]

Award winning drama covers events leading up to the 1996 Port Arthur massacre on Tasmania. Fine performances in a disquieting movie offers a timely reminder of the problems of mental health and the ease of access to guns. One of Australia's best movies of recent years.

On 4/25/2020 at 10:48 PM, Palatkik said:
The Stranger [2020 limited TV series]
Average British TV thriller limited series of a guy looking for his wife whose disappeared, keeps the interest with new twists each episode, ultimately nothing that hasn't been done before.

I wish I had read this review before I wasted my time watching this.

Men [2022]

In the aftermath of a personal tragedy, a young woman retreats alone to the English countryside, hoping to have found a place to heal. But someone appears to be stalking her. What begins as simmering dread becomes a fully-formed nightmare, inhabited by her darkest memories and fears in this visionary film of some of the finest performances. Worth seeing for those with a liking for the horror genre.

Death and the Maiden 1994

Sigourney Weaver, Ben Kingsley, Stuart Wilson, -  directed by the Polanski exile.

Engrossing, Weaver, Kingsley and Wilson give very good performances.

Well worth a watch, keep your nuance detectors on.

Stars4.png.ba36d3575b7db3bdee5c7adb53ef1fcc.png