What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

Thirteen Lives [2022]

A rescue mission is assembled in Thailand where a group of young boys and their soccer coach are trapped in the Tham Luang cave system that are flooding. This biographical survival pic is well made if a bit long, but there have been several other movies and TV series re-telling what is a recent event known to everyone so the results are flat without suspense. 

it wasn’t all shot in QLD

Getting details right was especially complicated because Covid restrictions prevented Howard from entering Thailand at all. Instead “Thirteen Lives” was shot in Queensland, Australia, and Howard remotely oversaw a film crew shooting exteriors in Thailand.

Interview

Well according to your link there - it pretty much was, with small amounts shot.

Given the amount of stock film used by the industry pretty much no film would ever be shot 100% on location - except of course the industry does say, shot in Queensland

But what would I know

At that time 100's a day dropping dead of flu - let me go get that article

hahahhahahahahah

Charlotte [2021]

An account of the true story of German-Jewish artist Charlotte Salomon who moved to the south of France between 1941 and 1943 as she embarks on the monumental adventure of painting her short life story escaping Nazis. A moving animated movie, with a star cast of voice actors, is a timely reminder of the horrors of war in Europe.

Finch [2021]

On a post-apocalyptic Earth, a robot, built to protect the life of his creator's beloved dog learns about life, friendship and what it means to be human. Somewhat enjoyable family sci fi road trip adventure with just one lead actor doing what he does best, brings to mind Cast Away, if barely keeping it on the right side of overly sentimental cheese.

Uncommon Valor

• R
  • 1h 45m

Ten years after his son went M.I.A. in Vietnam, U.S. Marine retired Colonel Jason Rhodes assembles a private rescue team to find Americans held in P.O.W. camps in Laos.

Excellent!!! *****
If you are of the Viet Nam era, this movie resonates and has infinite meaning!!!!
Old now but still has meaning....

On 8/8/2022 at 3:43 PM, Mekong said:

Except it his Link says QLD and Thailand 

Instead “Thirteen Lives” was shot in Queensland, Australia, and Howard remotely oversaw a film crew shooting exteriors in Thailand.

That's what the link says

Your not very good at being accurate anymore I note again 

Saying Qld and Thailand implies half half. 

The Thai part is minutes only.

Made in Qld, outside scenes with no main actors even shot in Thailand

Whole thing should have been shot in Thai 

Saying QLD and Thailand does not imply half half, saying filmed in QLD and Thailand 50/50 would, but I never said 50/50 or claimed half was filmed in Thailand now did I, you are trying to put words into my mouth 

And back to your original question, which you appear to have overlooked, “Why did Howard not film in Thailand” the link goes the reason COVID