What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

Let’s pretend he could hear and the Ref made the correct decision to penalise Foley I still don’t get why it was a scrum

The rules are for are.

Law 13

11 DELAY IN DROP-OUT 

The drop-out must be taken without delay.

Penalty: Free kick on the 22-metre line.

12 DROP-OUT INCORRECTLY TAKEN 

If the ball is kicked by the wrong type of kick, or from the wrong place, the opposing team has two choices:

To have another drop-out, or

To have a scrum at the centre of the 22-metre line and they throw in the ball.

The dropout was delayed and not incorrectly taken therefore the sanction should have been a Free Kick from the 22 and not a scrum. I just don’t understand where the ref got or from.

16 hours ago, Mekong said:

Let’s pretend he could hear and the Ref made the correct decision to penalise Foley I still don’t get why it was a scrum

The rules are for are.

Law 13

11 DELAY IN DROP-OUT 

The drop-out must be taken without delay.

Penalty: Free kick on the 22-metre line.

12 DROP-OUT INCORRECTLY TAKEN 

If the ball is kicked by the wrong type of kick, or from the wrong place, the opposing team has two choices:

To have another drop-out, or

To have a scrum at the centre of the 22-metre line and they throw in the ball.

The dropout was delayed and not incorrectly taken therefore the sanction should have been a Free Kick from the 22 and not a scrum. I just don’t understand where the ref got or from.

You're looking at the wrong section of the rule book. That's the penalty for a delay in drop-out. It was *not* a drop out.

You are correct Stick it was a Penalty

Interestingly they have time limits on Line-outs, Conversions, Scrums but they are never enforced usually. All Blacks exceeded the 90 second time limit on two occasions during the match but no action.

Just disappointing the game was decided by the ref although the All Blacks still needed to get across the line.

Bring on Eden Park 🏉 🇦🇺 v 🇳🇿

4 hours ago, Stickman said:

You're looking at the wrong section of the rule book. That's the penalty for a delay in drop-out. It was *not* a drop out.

OK, I bow to your superior knowledge of Union. I was born and bred in League country and in that game the same law applies to Kick off’s, Penalty Kicks and Drop Kicks, my bad.

Note to self   …   Don’t mix apples and oranges.

Industry [2020 TV series]

Workday drama in modern day London's finance hub with 8 parts per series. Season 1 has young bankers and traders make their way in the financial world in the aftermath of the 2008 collapse. Entertaining and not too taxing to watch, with more style than detail. Season 2 (post pandemic) better with a good mix of sex, drugs, market making trades and character development. Pushes the limits for regular TV with some of the sex scenes, a first to show an ejaculation in a banking drama? Likely more to come!

• 2 weeks later...

This England [2022 TV Limited Series]

Follows the events surrounding the Johnson government in the face of the first wave of the global pandemic. A seemingly unnecessary mini TV drama series about events still close to memory, depressing to watch, some good performances but with a distracting odd looking prosthetic laden caricature of the Prime Minister.

The Infernal Machine 2022
A reclusive and controversial author is drawn out of hiding when he begins to receive endless letters from an obsessive fan. What ensues is a dangerous labyrinth as he searches for the person behind the cryptic messages.

Guy Pearce has always played pretty boy roles (IMHO), but in this, I reckon he deserves a gong or two.

Well worth the watch.

Stars4.png.ba36d3575b7db3bdee5c7adb53ef1fcc.png