What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

Cunk on Earth

From virtually nothing to virtual reality, Cunk comically tells the story of our greatest inventions such as the wheel, the Mona Lisa, and nuclear power. Along the way, she asks experts hard-hitting questions about humanity's progress, as well as standing near impressive old ruins or inside museums.

A Brilliant spoof Mockumentary written by Charlie Brooker. Diane Morgan plays “Philamena Cunk”  the dim but eager to learn presenter, she plays it so well it is sometimes difficult to remember that Philamena Cunk is not real

I  may be a little biased, Morgan is from 7 miles up the road from where I was dragged up so similar sense of humour and accent to me, not too often peeps who speak like us get on the telly 🙂

An interview with Charlie Brooker and Diane Morgan about the show

Code 404 [2020 TV series]

A British detective killed in action is brought back to life using experimental Artificial Intelligence. British comedy series now up to season 03 that came out earlier 2022, the gags keep coming in each succinct 20 minutes episode and because Graham is in it cannot be missed.

The Pale Blue Eye  (2022)

A very good "old style" movie, in parts, historical character portrayal, thriller and whodunnit.

Christian Bale is excellent, Harry Melling is outstanding as a young Edgar Allan Poe.

Other notable actors also shine.

A rare 5 star experience - required viewing. Younger viewers may find the formal standard of English hard going.

Stars5.png.49e269dccaf46cb884124f73e7140e0f.png

5 hours ago, Coss said:

The Pale Blue Eye  (2022)

A very good "old style" movie, in parts, historical character portrayal, thriller and whodunnit.

Christian Bale is excellent, Harry Melling is outstanding as a young Edgar Allan Poe.

Other notable actors also shine.

A rare 5 star experience - required viewing. Younger viewers may find the formal standard of English hard going.

Stars5.png.49e269dccaf46cb884124f73e7140e0f.png

I thought the plot was a little far fetched but the ending was cute -- when the main character stands on the cliff's edge as if to follow his daughter; but not quite.

Mosul 2019

A movie about a group of Muslims fighting through the ISIS occupied area of Mosul on a mission. This movie made the Critically Acclaimed List on Netflix. How many Arab speaking movies with subtitles make this list? There is a cathartic moment at the end.

9 hours ago,  Coss said: 

Younger viewers may find the formal standard of English hard going

7 hours ago, Mekong said:

Not many younger viewers read Thai360 

true, I was however referring to the formal standard of English in the movie.

4 hours ago, zzzz said:

I thought the plot was a little far fetched but the ending was cute -- when the main character stands on the cliff's edge as if to follow his daughter; but not quite.

I liked the multiple twists at the end, how, several threads combined, satisfying...