What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

The English [2022 TV limited Series]

Follows a woman as she seeks revenge on the man she sees as responsible for the death of her son. Worth sitting this one out, at first comes over as an over stylized rogues and bloodletting slog. By the end it's something unique for a western. Worth a look.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2023 at 7:56 AM, Coss said:

Rabbit Hole 2023

tv series

I just saw the pilot and it looks to be a very good 8 part series. Donald Sutherland's boy, Kiefer, older now, turns out a very good performance, I'm looking forward to the rest.

Modern day, Spy-ish story, no spoilers...

Finished the series - Bloody Good, a little dumbed down in a few parts, as is so often the case with TV from 'merica.

But Kiefer Sutherland shines, as does Charles Dance.

Meta Golding is my new fave hottie.

Meta-Golding-Hot-Bikini-Wallpaper.jpg

Renfield  (2023)

Dracula's sidekick, played by Nicholas Hoult.

Nicolas Cage shines as Dracula, I keep thinking that a whole new movie, for Cage's Dracula, perhaps written my Mel Brookes, is in order.

An actress whose voice is riveting, is the amazing Shohreh Aghdashloo.

Plenty of Kung Fu kicks and blood exploding (some really good ones) will keep the young watching.

Overall a good movie, but a must see, for Cage as The Count.

Stars4.png.ba36d3575b7db3bdee5c7adb53ef1fcc.png

• 2 weeks later...

Three Thousand Years Of Longing [2022]

A lonely scholar, on a trip to Istanbul, discovers a Djinn who offers her three wishes in exchange for his freedom. A Djinn in need of a tonic someone said. Not far off the point, this is a dull tale with some arresting visuals at times but meh. The title almost a metaphor for how long it feels to sit through this fantasy. The lead is good value as always however but needs better.

• Like 1

To Leslie [2022]

Inspired by true events. A West Texas single mother wins the lottery and squanders it just as fast, leaving behind a world of heartbreak. Years later, with her charm running out and nowhere to go, she fights to rebuild her life and find redemption. Some fine performances in this low budget indie drama out of Texas. Worth seeing.

Amsterdam [2022]

In the 1930s, three friends witness a murder, are framed for it, and uncover one of the most outrageous plots in American history. A period 1940's movie full of attractive top drawer performers in a meandering tough to watch aching dull plot based on true events.

Midsommar [2019]

A couple travels to Northern Europe to visit a rural hometown's fabled Swedish mid-summer festival. What begins as an idyllic retreat quickly devolves into an increasingly violent and bizarre competition at the hands of a pagan cult. Art house meets horror has some impact.

Where the Crawdads Sing [2022]

A woman who raised herself in the marshes of the Deep South becomes a suspect in the murder of a man with whom she was once involved. Well-polished American drama that follows all the cliches in the book, the lead deserves better.

Memory [2022]

An assassin-for-hire finds that he's become a target after he refuses to complete a job for a dangerous criminal organization. Another production line actioner that’s been done time over before. This is just money for nothing by Neeson.