What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

So it was one of those miserable weekend weather days - had worked in the business for 15 hours the day before - placed a coffee on the table and threw on an oldie- “Papillon”. Still a classic still a pleasure to pass away 2 odd hours. Have forgotten the number of times I’ve enjoyed this movie- it’s been a few times however.Took me back to my earlier days - and my earlier days of visits to LOS. Movies do that at times - sometimes yes sometimes. 

Have you seen The Third Man? I shall throw that on one day - ol man Cotter ! 

In the mean time I am planning my final days here before trying ( dabbling) in time off. (I am) Following FB postings on R and R it reminds me of a significant lack of free time on my part. For those of you who are in that phase of retirement- you are the lucky ones. 

There is value in ‘time off’ - not so? 

See ya! 

American Animals [2018] 

An original take on the heist genre that switches between documentary style recall of events by the real culprits interspersed with a goofy film screenplay of their true daring student heist of rare library books. Very entertaining, well directed with a good soundtrack. 

The Maze Runner (2014)

Thomas is deposited in a community of boys after his memory is erased, soon learning they're all trapped in a maze that will require him to join forces with fellow "runners" for a shot at escape.

This is the first part of the three part series. Quite a good flick!

Part 2

Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials (2015)

After having escaped the Maze, the Gladers now face a new set of challenges on the open roads of a desolate landscape filled with unimaginable obstacles.

Part 3

Maze Runner: The Death Cure (2018)

Siam Sunset (1999)

A British design executive, who seemingly has everything going for him has his life totally changed when a refrigerator falls from an aircraft and lands on his wife. He decides to getaway from it all by taking a trip to Australia. On his bus, he meets a wild group of eccentrics, including a woman who has stolen cash from her drug-dealing boy friend. As the movie moves along, we learn further that the executive is constantly accident-prone and drawn into unlikely situations. The film's title refers to a new design color that Roache is trying to develop.

Takes place in Australia. A fun movie especially if you have been on a tour that has gone sideways.

*** 1/2

The Chinese Widow (2017)

Can be called other titles, such as

In Harm's Way

In 1940s, the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor destroyed Americans' morale. The president of the United States, Franklin D. Roosevelt, decided to risk it all to bomb Tokyo, raising the public's hopes. Bombardment air crafts led by U.S lieutenant colonel Jimmy Doolittle took off from a massive aircraft carrier. However, after completing their missions, the bombardment air craft pilots had to bail out at the coastal areas near Zhejiang due to shortage of fuel. A young pilot, Jack Turner, was saved by a young local widow named Ying, who risked her life as she hid the injured American pilot in her house. Despite not being able to communicate verbally, they fell for each other and a tear-jerking love story went on between those two.

Good flick. Gives an idea of how cruel the Japanese occupation forces were.

The Last Ship

The crew of a naval destroyer is forced to confront the reality of a new existence when a pandemic kills off most of the earth's population.

Stars:

Eric Dane, Adam Baldwin, Charles Parnell

A thriller of a TV series! It's in to its fifth season.
Season 1 was quite gripping and leaving plenty of suspense for the following seasons!!