The_Munchmaster

What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

Destroyer (2018)

A police detective reconnects with people from an undercover assignment in her distant past in order to make peace.

Stars:Nicole Kidman, Toby Kebbell, Tatiana Maslany

Movie drags on a bit but to see Nicole Kidman in this role...WOW...she is hard to recognize.
Worth a watch just for Nicole Kidman!

*** 1/2

Baptiste [2019 TV series]
The detective from The Missing series, Julien Baptiste, on holiday in Amsterdam with his wife, assists in an investigation for his former girlfriend, the Amsterdam Chief of Police. More of the same, entertaining stuff.

Stan & Ollie [2019]
Melancholic look back at the duos final years touring the theaters of the British Isles in a well acted biopic. 

The Possibilities Are Endless [2014]
True story of the lead singer from the Scottish 80's alternative band Orange Juice's Edwyn Collins who rediscovers himself and his music following a near death stroke incident in 2005. 

20 hours ago, Palatkik said:
Baptiste [2019 TV series]
The detective from The Missing series, Julien Baptiste, on holiday in Amsterdam with his wife, assists in an investigation for his former girlfriend, the Amsterdam Chief of Police. More of the same, entertaining stuff.

I watched this on iPlayer and downloaded the 2 series of The Missing. Both very much enjoyed. I enjoyed the Eurocentricalities (?) of the themes and how they played out, even the use of subtitles rather than insisting on English dialogue all the time. The Iraq bit in the the second series of The Missing though was though a bit over the top I thought.

The Mule [2018]
Very watchable easy going swansong for Eastwood, based around the true story with names changed of a 90 year old war veteran who turns from horticulturalist into the oldest drug runner for a Mexican cartel in history.