What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

Watched Joe a few nights ago.

IMDB - "An ex-con, who is the unlikeliest of role models, meets a 15-year-old boy and is faced with the choice of redemption or ruin."

Rotten Tomatoes - "A gripping mix of friendship, violence and redemption erupts in the contemporary South in this adaptation of Larry Brown's novel, celebrated at once for its grit and its deeply moving core. Directed by David Gordon Green, JOE brings Academy Award winner Nicolas Cage back to his indie roots in the title role as the hard-living, hot-tempered, ex-con Joe Ransom, who is just trying to dodge his instincts for trouble - until he meets a hard-luck kid, (MUD's Tye Sheridan) who awakens in him a fierce and tender-hearted protector."

I don't expect too much of Nick Cage flicks but this is a gritty movie and I quite enjoyed it.

Also just recently finished watching Deadwood.

"The town of Deadwood, South Dakota in the weeks following the Custer massacre is a lawless sinkhole of crime and corruption. Into this uncivilized outpost ride a disillusioned and bitter ex-lawman, Wild Bill Hickok, and Seth Bullock, a man hoping to find a new start for himself. Both men find themselves quickly on opposite sides of the legal and moral fence from Al Swearengen, saloon owner, hotel operator, and incipient boss of Deadwood. The lives of these three intertwine with many others, the high-minded and the low-lifes who populate Deadwood in 1876." Written by Jim Beaver <jumblejim@prodigy.net>

Watched Seasons 1 and 2 about 6 years ago, so when I recently downloaded Season 3 I went back and started at the beginning (36 episodes) again.

Fantastic series with superb characters and very ripe language. A real shame that it was cut short after Season 3 (funding problems I believe). :(

Trixie: [to whore] "Wash your fuckin' mouth. You got seven kinds of cock breath."