What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

Not a movie but a TV Series Life on Mars http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_on_Mars_(UK_TV_series)

First broadcast about 8 years ago decided to give it a look see again just watched the first 2 episodes from Series one this evening, not a lot else to do in rural Vietnam.

Its about a 2006 DCI Policeman who is involved in a Road Traffic Accident and is in a coma back in 1973 Manchester, now 1973 Manchester is my childhood and it is as exactly as I remember it, warts and all.

The best part is the Music, Bowie, BOC, Uriah Heep, Purple, Wings, Cream, Floyd, Free, Stones etc etc, Real Music IMHO.

Boomerang 1992 - Eddy Murphy - enough said - avoid.

Dallas Buyers Club 2013 - Good - Mathew McConaughey lost huge weight to play the lead role - very good

Four Lions 2010 - Funniest thing I've seen for a while, just goes to show that the protagonists of the world are not always operating with a complete brain. I think everyone should watch this, if only to see why dickheads do things.

Maleficent 2014 - Disney - and a good movie, Angelina Jolie is stunning - a retelling of a classic tale - Worth a Watch

The Man Who Knew Too Little 1997 - Funny older movie - Worth a Watch

Without a Clue 1988 - Great acting, good comedy, Michael Caine, Ben Kingsley, even a cameo from Peter Cook - - Worth a Watch

Not a movie but a TV Series Life on Mars http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_on_Mars_(UK_TV_series)

First broadcast about 8 years ago decided to give it a look see again just watched the first 2 episodes from Series one this evening, not a lot else to do in rural Vietnam.

Its about a 2006 DCI Policeman who is involved in a Road Traffic Accident and is in a coma back in 1973 Manchester, now 1973 Manchester is my childhood and it is as exactly as I remember it, warts and all.

The best part is the Music, Bowie, BOC, Uriah Heep, Purple, Wings, Cream, Floyd, Free, Stones etc etc, Real Music IMHO.

Life on Mars is excellent, as is the music.

The follow up, Ashes to Ashes, is meant to be very good as well.

Life on Mars is excellent, as is the music.

The follow up, Ashes to Ashes, is meant to be very good as well.

Yes I have all three Series of Ashes to Ashes on my HDD and whilst the the action storyline is as just as good as Life on Mars the music of the era early 80's is not to my liking as much, Human League, Fun Boy Three, Haircut 100 etc no way I prefer early 70's music

Coss

Four Lions 2010 - Funniest thing I've seen for a while, just goes to show that the protagonists of the world are not always operating with a complete brain. I think everyone should watch this, if only to see why dickheads do things.

Excellent movie, the type of thing that makes me laugh Four Lions is a comic tour de force; it shows that-while terrorism is about ideology-it can also be about idiots.

God's Pocket (2014)

IMDB - "When Mickey's crazy step-son Leon is killed in a construction 'accident', nobody in the working class neighborhood of God's Pocket is sorry he's gone. Mickey tries to bury the bad news with the body, but when the boy's mother demands the truth, Mickey finds himself stuck in a life-and-death struggle between a body he can't bury, a wife he can't please and a debt he can't pay."

This is a little gem of a movie. I watched it last week on a flight from Dubai, but I've downloaded it since and the airline version is heavily censored, particularly for language. So will have to watch it again, which I would have done anyway.

Starring the late great (must have been one of his last films) Philip Seymour Hoffman and another favourite actor of mine, John Turturro.