What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

God's Pocket (2014)

IMDB - "When Mickey's crazy step-son Leon is killed in a construction 'accident', nobody in the working class neighborhood of God's Pocket is sorry he's gone. Mickey tries to bury the bad news with the body, but when the boy's mother demands the truth, Mickey finds himself stuck in a life-and-death struggle between a body he can't bury, a wife he can't please and a debt he can't pay."

This is a little gem of a movie. I watched it last week on a flight from Dubai, but I've downloaded it since and the airline version is heavily censored, particularly for language. So will have to watch it again, which I would have done anyway.

Starring the late great (must have been one of his last films) Philip Seymour Hoffman and another favourite actor of mine, John Turturro.

Thanks for the heads up Munchie just read the review and it seems to be my type of movie, just started downloading it now hopefully it will be available for viewing when I get back after dinner and a few beers.

Deliver us from evil.

Even though I don't belive in fairytales about demons and excorsism I find this kind of movies entertaining. As always with American thriller and action movies it is very well done and the actors are good. The plot is both consitent and exciting.

Fargo (2014)

Not the film but a TV series, although inspired by the film.

Produced by the Coen brothers who directed the original, and brilliant, 1996 film.

Well this is also superb, can't recommend it highly enough. Billy Bob plays a very menacing villain.

10 episodes

Deliver us from evil.

Even though I don't belive in fairytales about demons and excorsism I find this kind of movies entertaining. As always with American thriller and action movies it is very well done and the actors are good. The plot is both consitent and exciting.

Yes, very good indeed.

1. Fury. A local critic called it a B movie, but a very good B movie. I would agree, definitely worth the price of admission. It's gritty and realistic in some ways.
  2. Hunger Games--Mockingjay. It actually has a plot, albeit not a great plot. The last Hunger Games movie, I seem to remember thinking, for much of it, "Well, at least Jennifer Lawrence is nice to look at."
  3. Level Five. This is one of those cult classics which the critics love, but is, in fact, unwatchable. It's in French with subtitles, and extremely slow paced. Much of it involves a poorly shot monologue of a woman who is clearly intent on establishing how she is so artistic. I left after 30 very long minutes.

God's Pocket (2014)

IMDB - "When Mickey's crazy step-son Leon is killed in a construction 'accident', nobody in the working class neighborhood of God's Pocket is sorry he's gone. Mickey tries to bury the bad news with the body, but when the boy's mother demands the truth, Mickey finds himself stuck in a life-and-death struggle between a body he can't bury, a wife he can't please and a debt he can't pay."

This is a little gem of a movie. I watched it last week on a flight from Dubai, but I've downloaded it since and the airline version is heavily censored, particularly for language. So will have to watch it again, which I would have done anyway.

Starring the late great (must have been one of his last films) Philip Seymour Hoffman and another favourite actor of mine, John Turturro.

Just watched this, very good.

and if you liked this you'll like

Before The Devil Knows You're Dead 2007

Philip Seymour Hoffman

Ethan Hawke

Albert Finney

Marisa Tomei and Marisa Tomei's tits !

Very good movie with quite a few plot twists and did I mention Marisa Tomei's tits !

Worth two watches, one for the Movie itself and one for Marisa Tomei's tits !