What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

The rise of the Krays 2015 - Quite good, some very convincing, cool gangster violence, can't help feeling that this was episode 1 of a trilogy maybe? Worth a watch.

Manglehorn 2014 - I like Al Pacino - this movie? Too boring for my taste. Arty in the sense that it looks at a very ordinary man, doing very ordinary things. Ordinary. A waste of a whole 97 minutes.

1984 1984 - Againilly, worth a watch, as valid today as then.

Hannibal Rising 2007 - Now this was good, the boy who became Hannibal Lecter of 'Silence of the Lambs'. Well acted, nice twists, lovely gore, well worth a watch.

Willie Nelson Movies

Honeysuckle Rose

Life on the road for Willie (Buck in the movie) and his band.

Fun movie and a young Amy Irving and Dyan Canon.

Once Upon a Texas Train (Western)

A fun western.

Stagecoach (Western)

Another fun western with, Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings and Kris Kristofferson.

With a cast like that, what's not to like!

Jupiter Ascending 2015 - IMDB says "A young woman discovers her destiny as an heiress of intergalactic nobility and must fight to protect the inhabitants of Earth from an ancient and destructive industry."

I say - Rubbish. Mila Kunis has lost the cuteness of youth. Channing Tatum's eyes are too close together. Mila Kunis' character accepts the change, from cleaning toilets, to Queen of the Universe with no perceptible surprise. Channing Tatum has 'Hover Boots' (think Marty McFly's hovering skateboard from Back to the Future'),

If you were 12 this could be enjoyable.

Ghost Rider

Not dramatic enough nor campy enough. It starts off very slowly for 1+ hrs. No memorable dialogue.

Johnny Blaze (Nicolas Cage) was only a teenaged stunt biker when he sold his soul to the devil (Peter Fonda). Years later, Johnny is a world renowned daredevil by day, but at night, he becomes the Ghost Rider of Marvel Comics legend. The devil's bounty hunter, he is charged with finding evil souls on earth and bringing them to hell.

Ghost Rider

Not dramatic enough nor campy enough. It starts off very slowly for 1+ hrs. No memorable dialogue.

Johnny Blaze (Nicolas Cage) was only a teenaged stunt biker when he sold his soul to the devil (Peter Fonda). Years later, Johnny is a world renowned daredevil by day, but at night, he becomes the Ghost Rider of Marvel Comics legend. The devil's bounty hunter, he is charged with finding evil souls on earth and bringing them to hell.

Not one of his best, but it held my attention all the way through. I reckon worth watching once :)

Blood Line - a Netflix series, 13 episodes.

It started a little slowly, and (apologies to 'mericans) a little over the top, with scenes of family celebrations where every actor was giving 10% more than was necessary - yes I get it, you're having a good time.

But! about episode 9 It get's seriously good, and the previous episodes gel.

This will keep female viewers going as well, as there are strong 'Soap Opera' elements.

Very good is my verdict, provided you watch all the episodes. Don't skip ahead, you'll need the background.

Oh and Florida Keys looks like a nice place to live.