What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

• 2 weeks later...

Jurassic World 2015 - the latest in the franchise, not as bad as some of it's predecessors, worth a watch.

Watched this last week and certainly enjoyed it as an entertaining flick but it was never going to be as great as the 1993 original.

MV5BMTQ5MTE0MTk3Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjczMzk2NTE@._V1_SX214_AL_.jpg

IMDB - "A new theme park is built on the original site of Jurassic Park. Everything is going well until the park's newest attraction--a genetically modified giant stealth killing machine--escapes containment and goes on a killing spree."

Terminator Genisys (2015)

MV5BMjM1NTc0NzE4OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDkyNjQ1NTE@._V1_SX214_AL_.jpg

IMDB - "When John Connor, leader of the human resistance, sends Sgt. Kyle Reese back to 1984 to protect Sarah Connor and safeguard the future, an unexpected turn of events creates a fractured timeline."

A bit like Jurassic World, it was entertaining and I enjoyed it, however it's not on the same level as The Terminator (1984) and Terminator 2: Judgement Day (1991).

Fading Gigolo (2013)

MV5BMTQzMjU3NjY0Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTQ1NDM5MDE@._V1_SX214_AL_.jpg

IMDB - "Fioravante (Turturro) decides to become a professional Don Juan as a way of making money to help his cash-strapped friend, Murray (Allen). With Murray acting as his "manager", the duo quickly finds themselves caught up in the crosscurrents of love and money."

I didn't expect it to be anything special but absolutely loved it (I found myself smiling all the way through it) and watched it twice on consecutive nights! Written and directed by John Turturro who's one of my favourite actors, it also stars Woody Allen (who I'm no fan of but he was excellent), Sharon Stone, Vanessa (Joe le Taxi) Paradis and Sofia Vergara who has outstanding assets! Also, although I'm no jazz fan, the soundtrack is superb. It may not be everyone's cup of tea but I loved it. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Fading Gigolo (2013)

IMDB - "Fioravante (Turturro) decides to become a professional Don Juan as a way of making money to help his cash-strapped friend, Murray (Allen). With Murray acting as his "manager", the duo quickly finds themselves caught up in the crosscurrents of love and money."

This storyline isn't really correct because it is actually Murray (his podiatrist and her girlfriend want to try a "ménage") who persuades Fioravante to become a gigolo so that they can make money.

For Fargo aficionados - I just watched episode 1 for series 2, set in time before series 1 - new cast, very enjoyable.

The movies that relate to this TV series are - Fargo, Miller's Crossing and The Man Who Wasn't There. I intend to watch them.