What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

The Osterman weekend - 1983 - forced as some American movies of the era are, but worth a watch.

San Andreas - 2015 - as Munchie says, enjoyable, I'm not normally interested in "spectacular", this was good. Some great moments are - Helicopters have a Hover button, who knew? And the 300 horse Mercury outboard that powered the rescue boat, sounded just like a '67 Mustang, or Camaro, again, who knew? A minimum of fist bumps and some very good cgi - worth a watch.

4 got 10 - 2015 - slow paced drug killing cops gone wrong etc - good - worth a watch.

Kajaki (2014)

MV5BMTQ5MjQ2MjU5NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzI2Mzg5NjE@._V1_SX214_AL_.jpg

IMDB - "Kajaki Dam 2006. A company of young British soldiers encounter an unexpected, terrifying enemy. A dried-out river bed, and under every step the possibility of an anti-personnel mine. A mine that could cost you your leg - or your life."

This is a superb film but also quite harrowing as the land mines take their toll. :up: :up: :up:

• Like 1

Fading Gigolo (2013)

IMDB - "Fioravante (Turturro) decides to become a professional Don Juan as a way of making money to help his cash-strapped friend, Murray (Allen). With Murray acting as his "manager", the duo quickly finds themselves caught up in the crosscurrents of love and money."

I didn't expect it to be anything special but absolutely loved it (I found myself smiling all the way through it) and watched it twice on consecutive nights! Written and directed by John Turturro who's one of my favourite actors, it also stars Woody Allen (who I'm no fan of but he was excellent), Sharon Stone, Vanessa (Joe le Taxi) Paradis and Sofia Vergara who has outstanding assets! Also, although I'm no jazz fan, the soundtrack is superb. It may not be everyone's cup of tea but I loved it. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

You are correct, very good cinema this one. The Hasidic Widow was superb!

Southpaw (2015)

MV5BMjI1MTcwODk0MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTgwMDM5NTE@._V1_SX214_AL_.jpg

IMDB - "Boxer Billy Hope turns to trainer Tick Willis to help him get his life back on track after losing his wife in a tragic accident and his daughter to child protection services."

Good director in Antoine Fuqua, and good cast in Jake Gyllenhaal and Forest Whitaker, and as expected it doesn't disappoint. :up: :up:

Skin Traffik (2015) otherwise titled as "A Hitman in London". Good cast, Mickey Rourke (steroid bloat), Daryl Hannah (2 inches of makeup), Eric Roberts (plastic) and Michael Madsen. The lead Gary Daniels is wooden. Good kickboxing. Crap acting, poor plot, gaps and leaps in story. Sad really, it had potential.