What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

The Fountain - 2006

Hugh Jackman, Rachel Weisz

I can take or leave Hugh, Rachel I'm not fond of. This movie, set in three different time spans, is sufficiently intriguing to warrant a watch. She's dying of cancer, ... no spoilers. It's worth a watch.

American Sniper - 2014

Topical movie, reviewed here earlier.

I thought that it portrayed the difficulty veterans have , 'coming back', quite well. The shooting was good, I liked that. Apparently a true-ish story.

Certainly, the reviews on IMDB seem to think this is right wing war propaganda, because the bad side of the Hero was ignored.

For me, lucky enough to be elsewhere on the planet, I am at once saddened by the loss of civilian life in the conflicts, and also appreciative of those who have to kill 'em, so I don't have to.

The Gunman 2015 - Sean Penn, Jasmine Trinca, Javier Bardem, Ray Winstone, Mark Rylance, Idris Elba. A very good action movie. Well worth a watch.

Meru 2015 - a documentary about mountain climbing, a bit slow at first, with the fellows demonstrating that they can use sentences of words of one syllable, and also giggle. I was almost going to quit on it when it got quite attention grabbing. Overall worth a watch for the 2nd half of the show.

What they studiously played down/avoided talking about is that Mt Meru, is not just a tick on the list of difficult 'walls', Mount Meru is a sacred mountain with five peaks in Hindu, Jain and Buddhist cosmology and is considered to be the center of all the physical, metaphysical and spiritual universes.

Silk 2007 - Great story about a French silk trader and his journey to buy silk worms in Japan. One of the most erotic movies I have ever seen even though a few breast shots were all you ever saw. Amazing Japanese actress Sei Ashina.

post-6949-0-05231500-1449924292_thumb.jpg