What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

Again, not a movie but a TV Show.

Great Night Out, follows the trials and tribulations of 4 guys twenty years post high school living in the same old town drinking in the same old pub (see newbie thread for reference) , so true it makes me singer uncontrollably, I still have friends such as this ... all episodes available on Youtube.

Sort of "There for the grace of god goes I"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2546184/

I can prompt the BM's whom would appreciate this

I watched Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015)

I hadn't realised that it was a comedy.

Things that seemed funny to me:

Even though they can warp and hyper drive around the universe, they still rely on shoulder mounted weapons and also pistols. These, despite being able to shoot pulses of blue light, seem to do about as much damage as a 45 magnum or 50 cal. But with a shower of sparks. Also they never hit an A grade actor. You'd think they'd have worked out better ways to not kill many people. Also those with the 'Force' have a variable range, sometimes exerting considerable power over long distances, other times unable to do much, at a distance of a few metres.

In 'busy' scenes, I often saw extras running across the screen on important business, heading into blank spaces and slowing as they neared the end of their run, going nowhere, but the director hadn't called 'cut' yet.

There was a 'baby' Darth Vader, who when he took off his helmet, made me think this was a Twilight Series Vampire movie, what with his and the young girl's obvious attraction and angst. That and he, 7 foot tall, black haired and Transylvanian, was the supposed son of Princess Leia and Hans Solo, both, average height, blondish people.

But they found what's his name in the end and that lines up the next movie.

Special effects though were outstanding, ish.

Worth a watch.

Third Person (2013) - A lady's movie. Three interlocking love stories, or, one story told three ways. Some good acting, nice cinematography, held my attention even though I'm not a lady. Worth a watch.

I watched Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015)

I hadn't realised that it was a comedy.

Things that seemed funny to me:

Even though they can warp and hyper drive around the universe, they still rely on shoulder mounted weapons and also pistols. These, despite being able to shoot pulses of blue light, seem to do about as much damage as a 45 magnum or 50 cal. But with a shower of sparks. Also they never hit an A grade actor. You'd think they'd have worked out better ways to not kill many people. Also those with the 'Force' have a variable range, sometimes exerting considerable power over long distances, other times unable to do much, at a distance of a few metres.

In 'busy' scenes, I often saw extras running across the screen on important business, heading into blank spaces and slowing as they neared the end of their run, going nowhere, but the director hadn't called 'cut' yet.

There was a 'baby' Darth Vader, who when he took off his helmet, made me think this was a Twilight Series Vampire movie, what with his and the young girl's obvious attraction and angst. That and he, 7 foot tall, black haired and Transylvanian, was the supposed son of Princess Leia and Hans Solo, both, average height, blondish people.

But they found what's his name in the end and that lines up the next movie.

Special effects though were outstanding, ish.

I think they knew full well that at least a third of the film needed to be basically comic homage to the original - which was a winning idea. Shitty extras, recycled plot, and hammering away on the same old lines from the original = best part of that one.