What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

I think they knew full well that at least a third of the film needed to be basically comic homage to the original - which was a winning idea. Shitty extras, recycled plot, and hammering away on the same old lines from the original = best part of that one.

I will admit to not knowing, how the various story lines, of the various movies in this franchise, link together.

I will admit to not knowing, how the various story lines, of the various movies in this franchise, link together.

Then the special effects are for viewers like you - but most of the stilted dialogue and comic-book fights and predictable plotline - that's all for the old-timer Star Wars fans who wanted to see a connection to the films of their youth - and we got that in full measure.

My ex actually predicted it would happen. She said a lot of the reasoning behind Michael Burry's tactic was the mortgage insurance policies. It was an alarm bell way before the collapse.

Triple 9 (2016) - Good movie, cops, crime, corrupt cops, Russians, gangs, well played, believable and young Casey Affleck does a great job, as do the other actors. Well worth a watch.

The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada (2005) - Tommy Lee Jones, acts and directs, off beat movie - worth a watch. If only for January Jones.

Laugh Killer Laugh (2015) Moody little movie, abused kid is now a killer, worth a watch. Good.

Dad's Army 2016 - Delightful, very good movie, especially if you're a fan of the original series. True to type and a touch more double entendre than I remembered (watch out for The End). Well worth a watch.

Code of a Killer

Not a movie but a 2 part TV mini Series telling the story of Alec Jeffery's discovery of DNA fingerprinting and its first ever use in aa criminal case.

More poignant to those who were in the UK mid 1980's and the worlds first mass DNA data taking.

(Ongoing TH case drew my interest)

Triple 9 indeed worth a watch.

13 Hours, about Benghazi US involvment, good wtch as well

Race, about Jesse Owens in Berlin 1936 Olympics. Too Hollywood for my taste but interesting enough since I love running

Gods of Egypt, terrible movie