What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

Prometheus [2012]

Never watched it when it came out as I don't like sequel/prequels much, but as there's another new one out now (Alien: Covenant) thought I would see what all the fuss was about. Stylish if dull Alien follow up with Charlize "why l would fly myself half a billion miles from every man on Earth if l wanted to get laid" Theron.

Robin Hood (2010) the one with Russell Crowe (or as we Kiwis know him, Russ Le Roq).

This film has only one instance of stealing from the rich and giving to the poor, or sowing the fields with grain in actuality. And a lot of Robin Hood being a Knight and saving England after uniting it behind a feckless King.

Also apparently the French could attempt invasions using landing craft that, though made of wood, looked just like the American amphibious landing barges used in WWII.

Better than a bad movie, worth a watch if you can't find something else to do.

"Passengers".

The story is OLD, as sci-fi goes. The production is flat-out BEAUTIFUL, and the chemistry between the leads makes it work. I was VERY surprised at how much I enjoyed it on the small screen in Business Class. I now regret not seeing it on the big screen.

"Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them". Well-made, but somehow not as satisfying as it could have been.

Their Finest (2016) - good, WWII movie making, Bill Nighy - whats not to like, worth a watch.

Small Crimes (2017) - started out a bit slow, got better, number of twists - NetFlix, worth a watch.

Win It All (2017) - unless you've got an addiction problem and need something a little uplifting, not worth a watch.