What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

Logan Lucky 2017

A different sort of cash robbing movie with some good character roles. 007 is quite entertaining.

A bit of a slow start and never any real edge of the seat stuff but a fun movie.

Worth a peek.

Thanks for the tip. I raise your peek and bid a, well worth a look.

Channing Tatum, Adam Driver, Daniel Craig et al, I would normally not watch anything with Channing Tatum, in it, but, and it's a big but! Channing does a good job as do the others.

As you say, "never any real edge of the seat stuff", and not only fun, but a reasonable story, I really enjoyed this.

For someone whose experience of the USA is limited, this movie seemed to be very real, without much stereotyping.

Good acting, nice twists and even some nice Daisy Duke shorts...

Well worth a look.

Loving Vincent [2017]

An unusual film where everything is hand painted in Van Gogh's style, the story revolves around understanding the artists death but the visuals can overpower at times. Worth seeing nevertheless although the pre Blue-Ray torrent release I had of it was heavily cropped for some reason despite being 10/10 audio/visual quality.

Valerian and The City of a Thousand Planets [2017]

Visually impressive 28th century sci fi with a look of Avatar about it, starts off well and has some memorable scenes but overall lacks any substance as one might expect based on a comic book.

Yes, worth watching for the stunning visuals, but as you say lacks substance. I'd say, simple plot for teenagers.

On the actors: Dane DeHaan, well if Michael J Fox could be a star then I suppose it's this boy's turn.

Cara Delevingne, she who has made 'resting bitch face' a fashion term.

Clive Owen, must have been paid well for this turd of a role.

quite a few Cameos, and very surprisingly, Rihanna does a fine turn as , wait for it, Bubble.

T'were I 16 yrs old, this'd be a great movie, as I'm 58, it's a 3, of 5 stars.

In a similar vein, and I think targeting a similar age group maybe, November Criminals. Mixture of teenage angst with hunt the druggy killer. Totaly dismissable actually were it not for Chloe Grace Moretz. This young lady deserves better.

To paraphrase Coss somewhat. T'were I 16 years old I would rub one out thinking of her, as I'm 57, I can only wish I were 16 :(