What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

Geostorm (2017) - I normally wouldn't watch a world disaster movie. The actors give their best and there's a pretty good cast, the space scenes are spectacular. The many disasters on earth, the tornadoes, the tidal waves, the firestorms, the... are so numerous that none, are treated well enough to be great to watch, it's all bit of a muddle with the usual 'personality conflicts' that Hollywood call acting. OK for a boring day with kids. But really, avoid.

• Like 1

Stairway To Heaven (A Matter of Life and Death) [1946]

Recently restored for Bluray release in full HD quality, the classic British second World War fantasy of an aviator who cheats death but has to justify his life before a celestial courtroom. Interesting now for its creativeness of the period.

The Foreigner [2017]

B movie actioner with Chan and Brosnan taking any story they can get these days it seems. Based on the 1992 Stephen Leather book The Chinaman, the story might have made more sense back then with its Irish terrorist theme.

The Foreigner [2017] - My watch of this movie was better it seems, than it was for Palatkik. This may have been helped by the fact that MLG loves Jackie Chan. I think the "British-ness" of this film made it enjoyable for me.. So from me and my girl, enjoyment and worth a watch.

Down with a flu bug, usually don't watch much TV but have been enjoying, and binge watching, the series (6 seasons) of Justified. A US Marshall gets transferred back to to rural Kentucky where he is from. Based on a book by Elmore Leonard so the verbal exchanges, and humor, are very enjoyable!

Lucky (2017)

the late Harry Dean Stanton, plays a decrepit old fella pondering stuff.

For one who was outstandingly decrepit, at the best of times, Harry does a good job and it seems this was his last movie, somewhat fitting.

Worth a watch.