What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

Neil Young Journeys (2012)

This past May, Neil Young brought his solo tour to Toronto's Massey Hall, an iconic venue in the city of his birth. Jonathan Demme was on hand to capture the two nights, which highlighted new songs from the album Le Noise, produced by Daniel Lanois, mixed with classics like "Ohio" and "I Believe in You." At sixty-five, Young retains a youthful vitality and musical curiosity that balances his wisdom and experience. It's no wonder he's been an inspiration to the likes of Pearl Jam and Sonic Youth. In Neil Young Journeys, Demme intersperses the Massey Hall concert footage with brief scenes from a road trip through Ontario. Driving a 1956 Ford Crown Victoria, Young visits the rural town of Omemee, where he spent a key part of his formative years, and reminisces about his former neighbors and their daughters. As he drives past bulldozers transforming the landscape, he remarks, 'It's all gone... it's still in my head.'

was quite OK.

Very fond of Amy,

What I hate about her dying, and of many other similar artists,  is the hypocrisy about moaning about her death

I'm not one of the people who say "She died to young, if only she gave up drugs/booze/stray men how much greater her music would have been" -  I feel that some artists create the works they do because of what they do of screen. They know they are being self damaging, it's part of what makes their art, what it is, that we like, I feel it's often hypoctritical to say "Oh what a loss to music, I wish they had stopped doing all that bad stuff". 

André the Giant (1946–1993)

André René Roussimoff was born in a small farming community in Grenoble, France to Boris and Marian Rouismoff. His parents and four siblings were all of normal size, but André suffered from acromegaly, a hormonal disorder that results when the pituitary gland produces excess growth hormone. As the Giant grew up (very quickly, as he reached the ... See full bio

Interesting story. He was a big name in the wrestling world.

^^^ 1/2

Since Cav has bee watching all of these Rockumentary's I decided to dust down my old copy of "This is Spinal Tap"

I do believe the "Lost Backstage" Scene was inspired by a Tom Petty Concert in Germany he walked through a series of doors trying to find the stage at the gig and ended up on an indoor tennis court

So many other funny tongue in cheek moments in the movie

A Trivia Moment Spinal Tap Bass Guitarist "Derek Smalls" is played by Harry Shearer who also co-wrote the movie with Rob Reiner

What has he done post SNL and Spinal Tap? he provides the voices for Principal Skinner, Kent Brockmann, Mr Burns, Waylon Smithers, Ned Flanders, Reverend Lovejoy, Rainer Wolfcastle, Judge Snyder and others in "The Simpsons" 

Cav

IMHO there is a better version of Roger Waters “The Wall”  21 July 1990   Between Potsdamer Platz and Brandenburg Gate in what was “No Mans Land” held to commemorate the falling of “The Wall” 8 months earlier 

Maybe it means a lot mor to me since I can say “I Was There”  along with nearly  1/2 Million others

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wall_–_Live_in_Berlin