What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

The Third Day  (2020)

6 part  series, weird cultish goings on, Jude Law all grown up and acting his skin off. Others very very good too.

No spoilers, this is gripping, esp. 5 & 6. Like all good 'uns it takes a little tracking to keep it all in the story line.

Enough left to launch a 2nd series

I recommend

Stars5.png.49e269dccaf46cb884124f73e7140e0f.png

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Palatkik said:
Borat Subsequent Moviefilm [2020]
After a 14 year hiatus, Borat is back in a better crafted story where he's back in today's America satirizing some of the more dubious parts of its culture in the crudest way he can get away with. Very funny.

After a 14 year hiatus, Borat is back in a better crafted story where he's back in today's America satirizing some of the more dubious parts of its culture in the crudest way he can get away with. Very funny.

One must disagree, it's much more funny than that  -  55555

Particularly the song at the  “March for Our Rights 3,” rally,  organized by the Washington Three Percenters

“Obama, what we gonna do? Inject him with the Wuhan flu. Hillary Clinton, what we gonna do? Lock her up like we used to do. Fauci don’t know his head from his ass. He must be smoking grass. I ain’t lying, it ain’t no jokes. Corona is a liberal hoax. Dr. Fauci, what we gonna do? Inject him with the Wuhan flu. WHO, what we gonna do? Chop ’em up like the Saudis do,”

And I must get me a copy of the Kazakhstan, "manual"

manuald.jpg.e216aa16ab7edf3f05feaa52c860fae7.jpg

Stars5.png.49e269dccaf46cb884124f73e7140e0f.png

2 hours ago, paul101 said:

Borat has not aged well, about the same level as schoolboy fart jokes, he will get his ass kicked one day, now that would be funny

What you've missed completely, is that the humour has been brought down to the level of the participants and audience and that when he dupes a participant with "schoolboy " jokes, it's not the joke that is funny, but the reaction of the victim.

Like the guy in the Crisis pregnancy centre, or Rudy with his hand down his pants, that's the funny, and how they got there, whilst claiming superiority in moral and other matters.

I guess the only good view of Borat for you, is if he praised Trump.

The usual problem of diversity casting with Fargo. All the other ethnic gangs have been butchering and shooting opponents, episode 6 and I can't recall one of the black villains doing like wise. Apart from a burn on an Italian's cheek the black gang has not committed one murder, must be black casting privilege.

Mad lezzies did slot a few true. Just finished the Queens gambit absolutely spellbinding, loved every minute and for once in a chess film the set ups on the board were realistic as they had Kasparov among other as consultant. Interesting to see Moscow portrayed in 1968 as I was there just after, it was a lot grimmer than in the film.