What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

Another Round (Druk) [2020]
Delightfully intoxicating tragicomedy from Denmark with English subtitles, about four school teachers each with their own mid life crises, experimenting with improving their professional and social skills by taking a moderate amount of alcohol throughout the day. Top movie, one of the best foreign language films of the year.

Looted [2019]
Only recently released on digital platforms this is an impressive crime drama with excellent character development set in the north east of England of a young man trying to care for his sick dad whilst making money the only way he can stealing cars, until one job he's forced into by his aggressive friend makes him wonder.

Death to 2020 (2020)

Samuel L. Jackson, Hugh Grant, Lisa Kudrow, Kumail Nanjiani, Tracey Ullman, Samson Kayo, Diane Morgan, Cristin Milioti, Joe Keery, Laurence Fishburne, Angelo Irving, Lily Sullivan, Leslie Jones, Charlie Brooker.

Funny and makes yer wince, at the same time. Encapsulates the year from a mainly Western perspective. Comedy and yet Documentary also.

Recommended 

Stars5.png.49e269dccaf46cb884124f73e7140e0f.png

de.jpg.dd5afcce18a6df0109c86892803ac532.jpg

On 12/20/2020 at 9:23 PM, Palatkik said:
Ma Rainey's Black Bottom [2020]
Tensions rise when the Mother Of The Blues arrives at a Chicago studio in 1927. Comes across overly dramatic, since it is based on a Pulitzer prize winning play, some might prefer a lot more music and less talk, but overall worth seeing.

Dreadful, you can tell it's a play and should have remained one

On 12/20/2020 at 9:23 AM, Palatkik said:
Ma Rainey's Black Bottom [2020]
Tensions rise when the Mother Of The Blues arrives at a Chicago studio in 1927. Comes across overly dramatic, since it is based on a Pulitzer prize winning play, some might prefer a lot more music and less talk, but overall worth seeing.

I couldn't get though the first 30 minutes.  To me, the leading lady (Voila Davis) was not watchable.

18 minutes ago, zzzz said:

I couldn't get though the first 30 minutes.  To me, the leading lady (Voila Davis) was not watchable.

I fast forwarded it a few times thinking it might get better, it did not. However, 'the assistant' film was even worse, that never even starts!