What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

The Molly Maguires (1970)

In the Pennsylvanian coal mines of 1876, a group of Irish immigrant workers begin to retaliate against the cruelty of their work environment.

Richard Harris Sean Connery, Samantha Eggar

Quite beautiful in it's own way, and the story seems to be pre Red Necks (old meaning).

Worth a watch

Stars4.png.ba36d3575b7db3bdee5c7adb53ef1fcc.png

The Pembrokeshire Murders [2021 TV limited series]
Another TV series from ITV UK about real British murderer dramas, this is a well told and acted three part story of a detective superintendent who reopens two unsolved murder cases from the 1980s in South Wales. Newer forensic methods link the crimes of murder and rape to a string of burglaries and ends with the suspect in a tense courtroom showdown. Known as the Game Show killer, for having appeared beforehand on a national TV game show, the clips of which were used to identify his appearance of the time as part of the conviction. Worth seeing.

The Furnace (2020)

David Wenham, Jay Ryan, Mahesh Jadu 

To escape the outback, a young Afghan cameleer falls in with a mysterious bushman on the run with stolen Crown gold.

This is bloody good, I've always liked David Wenham's acting, droll fellow, in this he's also good.

I reckon this should be watched by all stryne fellas.

Well worth a watch.

Stars4.png.ba36d3575b7db3bdee5c7adb53ef1fcc.png

8 hours ago, khunsanuk said:

Hi,

Odd. The IMDB rating is only 4.7, which is why I didn't bother watching this.

Sanuk!

Yes I was put off by the imdb rating at first, but then I remembered that some of these Aussie films are good, so I watched it. Have another go...

Sometimes them IMDB fellas have no clue, about stuff not made in HollyWood. But then I'm easily impressed these days.

David Byrne's American Utopia (2020)

If you like Talking Heads, you'll like this, Not the Talking Heads original band, but Mr Byrne and a really good ensemble.

I'm a fan, so when it starts with everyone in grey suits and lots of modern dance, I was worried it would be too arty, but in the end I even watched the credits roll out. I recommend this.

Directed by Spike Lee.

It's not just the music. It's very good.

Stars5.png.49e269dccaf46cb884124f73e7140e0f.png