What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

4 hours ago, Palatkik said:
Sound Of Metal [2019]
Recently came out in 2020, a heavy-metal drummer's life is thrown into freefall when he begins to lose his hearing. One of the years best and a most stunning and emotive film depiction of deafness there is. Worth seeing.

Had me hooked from the opening scene:

The Comey Rule [2020 TV limited series]

Not much to like about this Hollywood cheese. Former FBI Dir. James Comey, on whose book this is based, and President Donald Trump are portrayed in this two part series of the story of two powerful men, whose strikingly different ethics and loyalties put them on a collision course. We all know how it goes, so why bother?

On 2/21/2021 at 11:28 PM, Palatkik said:
I Care A Lot [2021]
A crooked legal guardian who drains the savings of her elderly wards meets her match when a woman she tries to swindle turns out to be more than she first appears in a highly entertaining black comedy of people doing nasty things to each other with a mesmerizing lead performance.

Don't watch everything I download, but this was really good. Strangely it gets a load of one star review on IMDB, something to do with the women's roles, or is it wimen these days, nice twist at the end

The Mauritanian [2021]

Mohamedou Salahi fights for his freedom after being detained, imprisoned and tortured without charge by the U.S. Government for fourteen years in Gitmo until his release in 2016. Based on his true biography, though there are some good performances here, the story seems to be told in such an uninspired way.

• Like 1

Land [2021]

A bereaved woman seeks out a new life, off the grid away from everyone in the Wyoming hills, then Miguel turns up to help out just in time. Some lovely scenery and film making makes up for an uneventful story line. Worth seeing when the mood suits.

• Like 1

ZeroZeroZero [2020 TV limited series]

An eight part series about a cocaine shipment that makes its way to Europe, starting from the moment a powerful cartel of Italian criminals decides to buy it, its journeys through Mexico, to its shipment across the Atlantic and up through Africa. Lots going on here, with suspense filled corruption in all corners of the world, some subtle use of time jumps between scenes keeps you on your toes, this is a TV thriller of the best quality worth seeing.

• Like 1

Bruno v Tyson [2021]

An exploration of the rivalry and relationship between Frank Bruno and Mike Tyson, two boxing heavyweight icons from opposite sides of the Atlantic. The documentary is must see viewing for fans of the sport done in a stylish and exciting trip down memory lane with both players meeting up briefly again for old times' sake.

Which fight, the original in 1989 or the rematch in 1996? 

I remember watching the first one at US Army 20th Quartermaster Base in Pohang South Korea.

I don’t remember much afterwards since that was also the day I was introduced to MD 20/20 AKA Mad Dog