What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

On 3/30/2022 at 8:43 AM, My Penis is hungry said:

I keep seeing historical set movies and people of disadvantaged colour etc are portrayed as equal characters which is totally implausable

It's rewriting history

Now I support pretty much all diversity etc, but rewriting history is silly, looks so dumb

Yo!  Henry man is you divorcing dat white bitch Katie or not ? ya useless Tudor lump 😀

screen_shot_2021-06-02_at_64002_pm.webp

On 3/30/2022 at 8:43 AM, My Penis is hungry said:

I keep seeing historical set movies and people of disadvantaged colour etc are portrayed as equal characters which is totally implausable

It's rewriting history

Now I support pretty much all diversity etc, but rewriting history is silly, looks so dumb

I was saying the Same Thing 10 months ago

Pirates [2021]

Three eighteen-year-old friends journey from North to South London to celebrate New Year's Eve at the turn of the millennium in a period piece when flip phones were hip and accents almost indecipherable. A nostalgic feelgood movie, some good gags, in a story-line that just stays afloat.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2022 at 9:22 AM, Coss said:

Holding 2022

A TV series

One episode in and this looks like good quality, British/Irish humour.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the episodes, if they can maintain the quality of the first, this'll be good.

Holding.jpg.b1fd6fbeb16b8ec2ef0ce282912666e0.jpg

An update

episode 2  a sex scene that I'll never un-see.

episode 3  a performance by Brenda Fricker:  As Mrs. Meany, a two Oscar effort, extremely good, despite the accent.

MrsMeaney.jpg.bd786105015a876c85eaeea9da38ec31.jpg

6 hours ago, Palatkik said:

Pirates [2021]

Three eighteen-year-old friends journey from North to South London to celebrate New Year's Eve at the turn of the millennium in a period piece when flip phones were hip and accents almost indecipherable. A nostalgic feelgood movie, some good gags, in a story-line that just stays afloat.

Fuck off!

Stoo making me feel old describing a move about the turn of the millennium a “Period Piece” and “nostalgic”, It wasn’t that long ago, honest. 555.

The Pact [2021 TV Limited Series]

An unexplained death of a disliked brewery heir - and five friends bound together by a fragile pact of silence. Lightweight whodunit UK TV limited series, decent lead actor with a so-so support cast, entertaining albeit forgettable.

The Souvenir: Part II [2021]

In the aftermath of her tumultuous relationship, an aspiring movie making student begins to untangle her fraught love for him in making her graduation film, sorting fact from his elaborate fiction. This is a follow-up to the first part of two years prior. A bit more art house abstract and not as interesting, albeit worth a look as a reminder how good part one was.

• 2 weeks later...

Dopesick [2021 TV Limited Series]

A broad canvas depicting America's struggle with opioid addiction, from the boardrooms of Purdue Pharma, to a distressed Virginia mining community and the hallways of the DEA. A strong cast carries this sometimes cluttered formulaic story, based on a depressing true story. Worth a look.