What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

4 hours ago, Palatkik said:

Paris, Texas [1984]

A disheveled man who wanders out of the desert, seems to have no idea who he is. When a stranger manages to contact his brother, he is awkwardly reunited with his sibling. Masterful storytelling and acting that stands the test of time. Worth seeing again.

One of my all time fav movies, 

Ry Cooder soundtrack is awesome

Great actors

The Rig [2023 TV Limited Series]

A group of workers on a remote Scottish oil rig are due to return to the mainland when a mysterious fog enshrouds them and supernatural forces take hold. This is cheesy B rate sci fi thriller nonsense with a cheap CGI feel about it. Not worth wasting your time over.

I Hate Suzie [2020 TV series]

Chaotic and funny first season series in 8 episodes follows the ups and downs of a minor TVs star and her family after her phone gets hacked and pictures of her having sex with the producer go viral. Season 2 is just 3 episodes and more manic, highlighting a cleverly made black comedy and lead, but the genre may not fit all tastes! Worth seeing when the mood suits.

Transfusion 2023

A former Special Forces operative thrust into the criminal underworld to keep his only son from being taken from him.

_____

As the plot extract says... and then:

I might have mentioned a long time ago here, that I though that the pendulum swinging between feminism and masculism was starting to swing back to the male end... well it seems that Sam Worthington has rescued our gender.

Aussie

Stars4.png.ba36d3575b7db3bdee5c7adb53ef1fcc.png

• 3 weeks later...

Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat 2022

a damn fine little movie, portraying, the heroism and difficulties, the Norwegians faced in the efforts to remain neutral between German and English.

My Danish and Norwegian parts, feel,  for the trials and tribulations of the people of Narvik.

Stars4.png.ba36d3575b7db3bdee5c7adb53ef1fcc.png

Triangle Of Sadness [2022]

A cruise for the super-rich sinks thus leaving survivors, including a fashion model celebrity couple, trapped on an island. A uniquely dark comedic swipe at the rich set in three chapters, fades towards the end but the central scenes on the yacht with the unhinged captain and vomit are hilarious. If you want something different this is worth a look.

Madoff: Monster Of Wall Street [2023 TV Limited Series]

It follows the rise and fall of the American financier and Ponzi-schemer: Madoff. Another Netflix documentary that could have been told in half the time, an interesting finance crime genre true story on  how the crook got away with it for long.

Without Sin [2022 TV Limited Series]

Explores the relationship which develops between a grieving mother and the man she believes murdered her daughter. Good UK psychological TV thriller, starts out as a prison reconciliation program which turns into a whodunnit, the lead actors nail it, the ending twist a disappointment but worth seeing.