What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

In the last week I have seen "True Grit" and "Green Hornet."

Have you seen the original True Grit with the famous John Wayne? If so' date=' I am interested how you compared John Wayne's credibility in the role as opposed to Jeff Bridges.[/quote']

Just watched True Grit (1969) from a BRRip available on the net. Great quality and Wayne carries this film all the way. The other actors and story seems a little wooden these days. (Wayne later of Darby "She was the goddamn lousiest actress I ever worked with.")

Perhaps I'm too old and remember this being a classic as a kid, so a remake seems pointless to me.

No, do yourself a favour and watch it, whist it sticks to the original script to some extent, it is a different telling of the same story. Actually, it keeps very close to the book it was based upon :beer:

Jeff Bridges does not try to do a John Wayne and the female actress is quite good in this version.

No, do yourself a favour and watch it, whist it sticks to the original script to some extent, it is a different telling of the same story. Actually, it keeps very close to the book it was based upon :beer:

Jeff Bridges does not try to do a John Wayne and the female actress is quite good in this version.

Didn't know there was a remake. Wayne was great in the film, though I liked the book better. Read it, if you haven't.

As a former reviewer for this site, I feel; compelled to give my favorite movies of 2010...keeping in mind I have not yet seen The King's Speech, The Fighter, 127 hours, or The Town (four things I hope to rectify soon)

1. Black Swan (had me literally gripping my seat and affected for quite a while after I left the theatre)

2. Inception (still not sure what happened...but fantastic visually and love that you may actually have to think)

3. True Grit (finally actors as opposed to movie stars and singers in these iconic roles matched with a great Coen Brothers production)

4. The Social Network (interesting story that is not best picture worthy, but better than it should be)

5. Toy Story 3 (still has the magic)

6. Tangled (odds are my now 6 year old daughter affected me on this, but again way more fun than I expected)

7. Karate Kid (Loved it when I was 14, love it when I'm 41)

8. Machete (an orgy of sex, blood, and macho flesh wounds...guilty fun)

9. Red (great to see old friends in a fun new actuon adventure)

10 Salt (Angelina still has it)

Edited by Guest