What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

As a former reviewer for this site, I feel; compelled to give my favorite movies of 2010...keeping in mind I have not yet seen The King's Speech, The Fighter, 127 hours, or The Town (four things I hope to rectify soon)

[color:red]

I've missed your reviews over the last few years. Any chance you'll revive them?

BTW: I thought Machete was junk in the truest sense of the word. I didn't even think it was entertaing after a couple of heads rolled. Rodriguez should have taken his bows and left the stage after "Mariachi" :content: Point 2: "Red" was ok, but nothing to write home about. I guess for those appreciating "nostalgia", it served it purpose--making money. (Of course, that's why movies are made, ain't it.) Point 3: I think you'll like "The Town". Good story, good plot, direction and filming. Not a best picture, IMO, but certainly worth seeing. (The lead guy in The Hurt Locker does a great job in this one as a sociopathic bad ass.)

HH[/color]

• 2 weeks later...
Neds :up::up::up:

You'll need a Scottish to English dictionary for this one.

Hadn't heard of it but will have to see it.

"Neds (Non Educated Delinquents) is the story of a young man’s journey from prize-winning schoolboy to knife-carrying teenager. Struggling against the low expectations of those around him, John McGill changes from victim to avenger, scholar to NED, altar boy to glue sniffer. When he attempts to change back again, his new reality and recent past make conformity near impossible and violent self determination near inevitable."

Army of Darkness (Evil Dead 3)

Not the first time I've watched it.

"Following a harrowing night of demonic possession and slapstick antics in EVIL DEAD II, unassuming store clerk Ash (Bruce Campbell) is time-warped into England's Dark Ages, where he must find the Necronomicon, a compendium of the black arts, before he can return home. Fortunately, he has time to romance a beautiful princess (Embeth Davidtz), tune up his chainsaw hand, and battle an army of skeletons led by...himself"

UtOkUsD3odc

Last night I d/l'ed and watched...

"The Next Three Days", starring Russell Crowe and Elizabeth Banks and an important contribution by Liam Neeson.

I was like a roller coaster ride...the first half of the movie is a rather slow developing the plot, like the coaster climbing the rise before the real ride begins. And, begins it did, becoming quite intense for the last half of the film. Recommended!

Dinner for Schmucks ... a pleasant American comedy with the usual bag of comedians doing the rounds these days, coupled with some excellent British comedians.

It starts of slow, seems to go nowhere but it comes together at the end. I would give it 3 stars (out of five).

Hey KS, could we have a star and half star Smilies so posters can rate their movies, and we agree on a star system, either 5 stars or 10 stars :beer: