What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

The film ruined a very good book.

Wiki says that Kirk Douglas quit the part of Captain Trautman because they changed the plot so much. Richard Crenna took it over. Keep in mind the book was published in 1972, a very different time then the 1980’s when the movies started coming out.

Read the book. It is a completely different storey.

I didn't know there was a book and TBH I'm not inclined to read it. I enjoy the film for what it is and that's enough for me. :up:

Tears Of The Sun

Bruce Willis, Monica Bellucci, Tom Skerritt, Cole Hauser

Amazon Review - While it offers nothing new to the military action genre, Tears of the Sun distinguishes itself with fine acting, expert craftsmanship, and seriousness of purpose. Its familiar "extraction mission" plot is essentially similar to that of Black Hawk Down, involving a crack team of U.S. Special Ops commandos struggling to rescue innocent missionaries amidst the bloody horror of Nigerian ethnic cleansing. With Bruce Willis as their grizzled, no-nonsense commander, the skillful team enters a hot zone that gets even hotter when their "package"--an American national (Monica Bellucci) who runs the isolated mission--demands that 70 Nigerian villagers be included in the rescue. Willis's uneasy conscience leads him to defy orders and expand his mission, and in an ambitious follow up to Training Day, director Antoine Fuqua escalates tension and strike-force with considerable emotional impact. Originally considered as a potential entry in Willis's Die Hard series, and released on the eve of America's war with Iraq, Tears of the Sun admirably avoids jingoism with its rousing story of personal good vs. political evil. --Jeff Shannon

Kansas City Bomber...

I missed this, I used to do serious rollerskating for a while as well.

Not a bad movie with Raquel Welch in her prime.

plan 9 from outer space..

claimed to be the worst film ever released and while i think it's up there,it is so wonderful.

ed wood was a genius is my eyes.

totally off his head in his film making days/personnal life but his films are great viewing for cringe value.

the tim burton/johnny depp film is so wonderful as well.

Immortals. Not bad, but not great. My subjective opinion. Others may love it. Maybe old age creeping in but I got lost a wee bit regarding the Titans and the Gods. Still, had good special effects. To be honest it was the only thing at the threatre that seemed interesting that I didn't have to wait too long to see.

Rather than start another thread I'll 'edit' this one and add this stuff.

Started watching The Walking Dead tv show and I thought it was gonna just another zombie movie but its damn good! It has great subplots.

One show that I don't think is that great but for some reason I keep tuning in every week is Terrnova. I must say one of the actors who was the bad guy in Avatar, the commander and he basically plays a military commander in this one too but is a good guy, is in incredible shape for a guy his age. Read his bio and he's up there in age.

Another show that I didn't expect to be good that was mentioned a few pages back is 'Game of Thrones'. I downloaded the first season and loved it! Can't wait for season 2. I love the midget. Totally pissed off at Stark's daughter who in my view sells out her family to live out some fantasy dream about being a princess. Sorry, spoiler. Some sympathize with her. I didn't. I want to read teh book to get deeper into it.

One last show that I can't wait for is the new Sherlock Holmes that only had a few episodes. Why only a few?! This show was made in England and the new Holmes is a socially awkward maladjusted a hole. Some one told me he was modeled after the main character in 'House' and I can totally see it!

• 2 weeks later...