What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

True Grit - kind of redemption western with a 14 year old girl as the heroine. You might like it.

Yes, I watched it when it first appeared on the pirate DVD scene.

Jeff Bridges is no John Wayne, but then John Wayne wasn't any Jeff Bridges either. B)

Currently collecting Burt Reynold spaghetti westerns.. now all I need is a little time to watch them.

Hi,

Watched several recently:

Blackthorn - 'Western' about Butch Cassidy using the assumption he didn't die at the last fight. Didn't much like it.

The Thing (2011 version) - remake of a remake I think; okay-ish if you don't have anything else to do.

The Smurfs - Kiddie movie, but I am a sucker for animations so enjoyed this.

Drive - Action movie (well, kinda) about a stuntdriver moonlighting as get-away driver. Didn't like it, very boring, not nearly enough action.

Hangover II - Had it's fun moments, and featured - very briefly :) - 2 of my friends; oh, and Jamie Chung is in this movie which is more than enough reason to watch it.

Sanuk!

• 2 weeks later...

Watched Love Actually again tonight. A superb Christmas Romantic Comedy with a superb cast. :up::up::up:

"Love Actually is a 2003 British romantic comedy film written and directed by Richard Curtis. The screenplay delves into different aspects of love as shown through ten separate stories involving a wide variety of individuals, many of whom are shown to be interlinked as their tales progress. The ensemble cast is composed predominantly of British actors. Set in London, the film begins five weeks before Christmas and is played out in a weekly countdown until the holiday, followed by an epilogue that takes place one month later."

A few of the cast:

Hugh Grant

Colin Firth

Keira Knightley

Emma Thompson

Alan Rickman

Liam Neeson

Bill Nighy

Gregor Fisher

Martine McCutcheon

Chiwetel Ejiofor

Laura Linney